5: First bath gone wrong

Lumina slept with Lloyd that night, until the whole monastery awoke from her piercing cries.

"Lloyd we all love you, but please please please make her stop crying," Nya begged.

"I don't know how much longer I can take it!" Jay wailed.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying! But I don't know what else to do!" Lloyd bounced the baby in his arms.

The other ninja just drowned themselves with the duvets or silenced out the noise with their pillows. Upon hearing Lumina's cries, Harumi shot out of bed and ran to Lloyd.

"Aw where's my baby?" Harumi started to parentese.

Lloyd handed Lumina to Harumi, who cradled her, singing a lullaby to her. The distressed baby started to quiet down from the soothing sound of her mother's voice,and everyone had a sigh of relief. Not long after Lloyd went back to sleep, leaving Harumi with Lumina, she started to wail again. Not wanting to disturb the other ninjas' sleep, she brought Lumina outside of the monastery. She figured the only way to stop her baby from crying was to feed her, so she did as so.

"You have to give your mommy such a hard time, don't you Lu?" she smiled at her daughter.

"It reminds me of old times with Lloyd when he was a baby," a voice said. Misako joined Harumi, who sat on the ledge of the monastery walls, with her legs dangling. Her hair was loose and frizzy, her glasses crooked and wore a cotton nightgown buttoned to the top. "He used to cry a lot as well," she laughed, "if you ever can't handle anything, I hope you know you can always come to me," she laid a hand on Harumi.

"Thank you, Misako. It means a lot knowing I have someone else here for me," she looked at her.

"A feed would also always solve Lloyd's cries too," she reminisced.

"Lumi really is her father's girl," Harumi laughed, looking at her daughter who was still sucking away.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

The next morning, Lumina's cries filled every corner of each room. Her wails were more effective than the rooster that crowed each morning to wake them up. Harumi knew that Lumina always had an early morning feed, so she latched on instantly. The rest of the monastery took it as an advantage to wake up bright and early to prepare for whatever type of day Lumina would bring.

"Do you think you could... help give Lumi her first bath?" she reluctantly asked Misako. Help wasn't a word Harumi would often use, although she was a princess, she regularly had to learn how to do things herself.

"Of course, dear," Misako guided Harumi to her bathroom, where she already had a small tub and jug in the bath for Lumina. After filling the tub with 36 degrees celsius water, Misako stuck her elbow in the water to make sure the temperature was suitable. "Perfect," she smiled.

Lloyd wondered where Harumi and his daughter were, until he heard some pouring sounds coming from his mother's bathroom. "There you guys are!"

"You should also learn, Son," Misako encouraged, as Harumi moved over to make space for him.

Harumi gently lifted the baby while Lloyd used a flannel to clean the baby's head and face. Afterwards, they swapped and he held the baby while she cleaned her body.

"She's about to slip, Rumi!"

"Because you're not holding her right, you need to support her head!"

"Then hurry up!"

"I'm actually trying to be gentle, unlike someone!"

"That's her head, it's different!"

"Even more so to be more gentle!"