3: You're a dad?!

As Lloyd walked out of the the maternity ward, he crossed paths with the Commissioner.

"Um hey, Commissioner, do you think I could talk to you?" he blurted out.

"Alright then. I was meaning schedule a meeting with you and I need to go discuss some matters with Harumi but that can wait. It's not like she can leave or anything anyways."

"Actually, it's about Harumi." Lloyd twiddled his fingers.

"Come into a room with me and we'll have a chat then shall we?" he said, directing the way.

"Thank you Commissioner!" Lloyd's face lit up.

"Just doing my job," he sighed.

The Commissioner and Lloyd sat down in a meeting room where the Commissioner sat down in the padded swivel chair, leaving Lloyd no choice but to take the wooden stool opposite him.

"Commissioner I'd like to address a situation that me and Harumi are now in considering I'm the father of her child."

"Is that so? Harumi had told me but I never expected it to be true as she was on pain medication and the epidural shortly after."

"Was she... in a lot of pain?" Lloyd asked hesitantly.

"I wasn't present for most of the labour and delivery, but that's not what we are here to talk about."

"Oh right. How long is Harumi sentenced to Kryptarium for?"

"Son, she has a life sentence, I'm afraid."

"And what will happen to her daughter?"

"We are still unsure, though it is assumed she will be taken through the to the adoption process, unless you as the father are willing to have her. Wouldn't want the next villain to take over Ninjago now shall we?"

"And you're just okay with it?"

"It is merely the law. Every person who has been in the situation has also had to go through the same protocols."

"And there's nothing else you could possibly do? To allow Harumi to leave Kryptarium to look after her own daughter?"

"Sorry, son. No can do."

"But she's changed as a person! She helped us defeat the Overlord as well!"

"It doesn't make up for the fact that she has held mass killings and directly murdered many innocent civilians' lives!"

"Did I not release the Serpentine from the tombs they were sealed in, yet I am still the Green Ninja?"

"You were a child back then Lloyd, it was different."

"So was she! She was still young back then, Commissioner!"

"And the Overlord? Did she not contribute to the damage caused?"

"She was forced, and under the control of the Overlord. She had no other choice!"

"I'm sorry Lloyd. But there's nothing I can do. I will arrange a time where us three can discuss what will happen with your child."

Lloyd, bottled with rage, which he tried to shrug away, stood up. He had to go home and think things through so that he could change the Commissioner's mind.

"Unless-" the commissioner thought.

"Unless?" Lloyd's face beamed with happiness.

"There is another way we can sentence her instead," he explained.

"And that is?" Lloyd's eyes widened.

"If Harumi is at all times under your watch and is forbidden from leaving the monastery, I may consider it."