Chapter 13

Please listen to End of a Life by Mori Calliope and enjoy!

Warning: Blood, death, and a poorly written fight scene 😎

Martyn's Perspective-

Martyn sighed as he welcomed Scar and Grian into his home for another day of hearing his story.

"So where we left off, you and Scott just got sent to the secret base to fight Canon." Grian said and Martyn nodded.

He took a deep breath and Scar gently patted his back.

"Hey, it's alright to get emotional about this. Everything that happened to you is a lot."

Marty nods and smiles weakly.

"Remember when I mentioned how Canon killed my brother?"

"Martyn, we're so sorry that happened. Canon's sick to do that to your brother. They had no right to do that and they're a terrible person for doing so." Grian said sympathetically.

Martyn chuckles and turns away, softly pacing around.

"Don't hate me for this." He started, "I did this to protect him."

Scar and Grian both tilted their heads.

"What are you talking about?" Scar asked.

"I almost killed Scott." Martyn said.

...

"What?"

Martyn smiled sickly.

"I almost killed my boyfriend." He repeated.

"Martyn...why?" Scar asked softly, looking concerned.

Martyn laughed, "It's a fun story. Probably my favorite part of my entire life." He said sarcastically.

Grian looked worried and tried to calm Martyn down, but he was cut off as Martyn started his story.

-

I remember the day that we saw Canon start to swim towards the laboratory.

We ran out of our base and got into a fight with them.

We were told about the power being moved to a different building, and we were supposed to fight Canon and try to delay them and keep them from finding the power.

During the fight, I started to see hope, despite being slashed and hurt badly.

But it seemed like it was all going to be okay.

Well...that was until Scott accidentally let the information slip during the fight.

Canon smirked as they heard this information and slashed Scott with their axe before swimming away with exactly what they needed.

I remember swimming down in the ocean, trying to retrieve Scott, but he just told me to leave him.

"What? No!" I shouted.

"Martyn," Scott turned to me, looking ashamed of himself and guilty, "If you really care about me, if you really love me, then do me this one favor."

"What is it?"

"Kill me."

"What?! No! I would never! Scott, I- "

Scott looked at me dead in the eyes.

"Martyn," He said shakily, "Do it, I can't bear to live and see this play out."

"But- "

"This is all my fault; I can't do this."

"Scott, I- "

"Martyn," Scott whispered, "Please. Do it for me."

I felt my grip tighten on my sword and Scott looked desperately into my eyes.

I sighed and looked down.

Scott gently kissed my cheek, and I pulled out my sword.

We heard shouting from up above and Scott gasped.

"Quickly, do it." He said, making me look at him.

"Scott." I said quietly.

"Please, Martyn."

"Scott, I love you." I said, crying.

Scott smiled weakly and hugged me.

"I love you too." He whispered.

And that was the last thing he said.

I...hated doing it.

I wish I didn't.

It was terrible.

But- I had to.

I didn't have a choice.

It was either do that or watch as he suffers in prison for what he told Canon.

-

The ocean was calm and gentle.

It was a blue so deep it would've taken your breath away to see it.

It was smooth and as blue as the sky itself.

Tiny whitecaps kissed the shore. A breeze swirled through the chilly air. It was like the setting of an art painting.

The stars were overhead. Clouds were drifting in as the sun was setting.

There was the soft flop of waves on the beach as it began to darken. The smell of the air and the sound of the ocean rolling on.

It was the perfect night.

It seemed that nothing could ever go wrong.

Well, that was until I emerged from the water with Scott in my arms.

Scott's face was pale, and his clothes were dyed red. His pulse was getting slower and slower, and his breathing was getting shallower and shallower.

Tears covered my face, but they blended in with the stinging water droplets from the ocean.

I was ashamed of what I did, and I could never forgive myself.

Everyone ran over to me, and I lied and told them that Canon had done this to Scott.

They called for help and rushed him off to the hospital.

The healers took Scott from my arms and Scott weakly looked up at me, his vision blurry.

"Martyn..." He whispered hoarsely before the healers ran him into the ambulance and off to the hospital.

I could feel my heart breaking as the image of Scott's dying body played in my head.

And he was like that from me.

..Lucky number 13, am I right (OHHHHH THE NIGHT THAT CHANGED MY LIFE REFERENCE- I'm so sorry :,)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Fun fact, this was the one chapter that made me want to write this entire story. Well, one of the things. I really enjoyed how it came out. And this was written back before Canon even had a name. It was just 'the villain' and it originally just said 'secret information' bc I had no idea what Scott would end up letting slip to make him want Martyn to kill him.