Chapter 7

Listen to Ship in a Bottle by fin and enjoy! :D 

Martyn's Perspective-

"I don't think I've ever felt so low,

So lost,

So...broken.

It was worse than just losing the one who wanted to be there for you.

It was worse than just losing a family member who was close to you.

It was the fact that I was losing myself."

-

Martyn sobbed to himself as he lay in his bed late at night.

I hate this. Scott doesn't need me anymore, I'm such a loser. I can't even take being friend zoned, how did I think that I could avenge my brother and defeat Canon?

Martyn sighed and continued to cry.

Things in his room started to shake and levitate.

Martyn gasped as he felt himself float.

His eyes widened and he looked at his hands.

Am I causing this? Stop- STOP!

Martyn shut his eyes tightly, trying to focus on making it stop, but the bad thoughts about Scott and Cooper kept flooding his mind.

Martyn peeked his eye open and saw his hourglass start to spin.

Oh FRICK.

Martyn tried to make his way over to it, but it spun faster as more stuff started to levitate.

Martyn grabbed the chain of the hourglass as it started to light up and teleport him away.

-

Martyn gasped as he opened his eyes and saw himself standing on a pirate ship.

What the-

"GET DOWN!" Someone shouted as the boat shook violently.

Martyn jumped and kneeled down.

He peeked his head around the corner and his eyes widened as he saw some pirates fighting sirens.

Hey, that tail kinda looks like the one Scott has-

The ship shook again, making Martyn tumble around the floor.

Martyn coughed and groaned as he shakily picked himself up.

He saw the pirates continuing to fight the sirens and he noticed his hourglass rolling around on the ground, a crack near the top.

Martyn's eyes widened and he ran over to his hourglass, trying to grab it.

The ship shook again, and the hourglass launched into the air.

Martyn grabbed it before it hit the ground. He then heard someone shout again and saw one pirate throwing a trident at the siren.

Martyn narrowed his eyes as he stared at the pirate. He looked like one of his ancestors that he had researched for a school paper.

There was a telescope attached to the pirate's belt and Martyn gasped.

The ship shook again, and the hourglass spun before flashing brightly, causing Martyn to start to levitate again before disappearing.

-

Martyn felt himself hit the floor again and he opened his eyes to see his brother.

Cooper?

"Canon, stop what you're doing. We're just on a mission for our class- "

Astrid gasped as Canon threw their axe at her.

Martyn hid behind the building and realized he was at the scene of the fight where Canon killed Cooper and his superhero partner. Martyn peeked around the corner and saw Canon smirk sickly as Cooper ran up to them and slashed them with his sword.

Canon defended themself and their axe clanged against Cooper's sword.

Martyn's eyes widened and he watched as Canon threw Cooper to the ground. Cooper tried to get up, but it was too late.

Canon threw an axe at his chest, causing him to fall to the ground, his blood staining the grass.

Martyn gasped and he was about to run out when he started to levitate again.

"No- no not now!!" Martyn sobbed.

He spun around in the air and teleported away.

-

Martyn gasped as he was teleported to a different place. He reached his hands out and caught himself quickly.

He looked up and around and was puzzled when he saw he was at his school.

What? Why am I here? Am I finally back where I'm supposed to be?

"Hey, maybe the coach accidentally put us with the wrong person. We both don't think we click with our partners, maybe...maybe we're meant to be together."

Martyn's ears perked up as he heard Scott's voice.

He turned around and saw Scott and Jimmy sitting close to each other, both smiling sheepishly and blushing.

Martyn felt the familiar tears fill his eyes as he watched Jimmy and Scott slowly lean closer.

"You really think so?" Jimmy asked.

Scott nodded and Jimmy smiled.

"Yeah, m-maybe we were." He said shyly.

Martyn felt a burning jealousy before he sighed, his fists unclenching.

He dropped his hourglass and it hit the ground with a shattering crack, causing it to break and sand to fall out everywhere.

Martyn felt himself start to levitate and spin again and he rolled up into a tiny ball, starting to sob as he teleported back to his room, the broken hourglass falling onto his desk.