The Trip (Pt. 1)

Himanshi was excited. The school had announced a trip to Singapore for her class. It was going to be her first trip. She had two days to write her name on the travelling list.

"What?! Singapore?! No you are not going." Himanshi's father said through the phone.

Himanshi's disappointment was palpable. It was clear in the way she told her friends she couldn't come to the trip.

As the school day went on, Himanshi's disappointment increased. She became more determined to convince her father that she should go.

When she returned home, she went straight to her father's office.

"Appa I'm old enough to..." Himanshi said as she entered the room.

"You can go." Himanshi's father said sternly

Himanshi's jaw dropped on the floor, but soon excitement took over her and she went and hugged her father tightly.

"Thank you Appa!" She exclaimed, excitement running through her veins.

_________________________________________________

                               TIME SKIP
_________________________________________________

It was the day of the trip. Everyone was gathered at the school's airport. Himanshi couldn't believe that she was going on a trip without her parents.

Soon, the jet arrived and everyone boarded the plane. The staff was handing them all tickets which had their assigned seat numbers written.

Himanshi sat at her seat: F1; wearing light blue denim shorts, a colourful backless spaghetti strap top and a dark grey medium length jacket. Her hair was tied in a loose braid.

As she was looking out the window, she sensed a person sitting in the seat next to her. She looked to her side and saw Aryan sitting in F2, the seat next to F1. Aryan was wearing a white hoodie, grey sweatpants and a Rolex watch.

Himanshi quickly looked away, still upset with Aryan's stunt. Aryan noticed Himanshi, his face turning slightly red. His gaze lingering on Himanshi, which she ignored.

Aryan slided his hand closer to Himanshi's which she immediately pulled away.

"Hey cutie," Aryan said, trying to strike up a conversation as he leaned closer towards Himanshi "Why you ignoring me?"

"Leave me alone. I don't like to talk to mean people like you." Himanshi said bitterly but politely as politeness was her essential nature.

"Aw c'mon, I just wanted to keep my innocent kitten away from those freaks of nature." Aryan replied in a condescending tone

"Please stop calling me that." Himanshi said as she turned away, not wanting to look at Aryan's face.

All through the flight Aryan kept on bugging Himanshi, trying to give her snacks, complimenting her etc. but she was too upset with Aryan.

Soon, the flight landed at the airport. Everyone began to depart from the jet, bags in hand. Strong winds were blowing, causing people's flowly clothing and long hair to flow.

The students began to board the limo-bus that was standing near the jet. It was a quiet ride to the hotel. Aryan didn't pester Himanshi all along the way at all.

Author's note: I shall be updating this book every Sunday. Have a great day please.