The Inviting

It was the day before Himanshi's birthday, she was really excited as it was the first birthday she  was going to celebrate with her classmates. She took out the handmade cards from her drawer and went to school.

As soon as she entered the class, Aryan and Karthik's eyes landed on Himanshi. She ignored them as she didn't feel like talking to them. She quickly handed out the cards to everyone except Aryan and Karthik and asked them to kindly attend.

In the end, Himanshi had only two cards left; one for Karthik and one for Aryan. She walked towards Aryan, card in hand, and happily said "Hi, please do attend my birthday party on 14 November."

"Alright. So why have you been ignoring me, kitten?" Aryan rudely said as he snatched the card from her hand.

"Uh, what do you mean? Also please stop calling me that." Himanshi said, confused.

"You know what I mean, kitten. Why wouldn't I call you that? You're so cute, like a kitten." Aryan told Himanshi as he held her hands in his.

Himanshi tried to pull away but Aryan held on and said in a menacing tone "Look, I don't get why you won't date me but you should understand that you're mine." Aryan then let her go and Himanshi left.

Only one card was left, the one for Karthik. Himanshi approached Karthik and gave the card to him as she cheerfully said "Hello, please attend my birthday party on 14 November."

"Yeah, I definitely will. By the way, why did you suddenly walk away from me at that business party?" Karthik said in a goofy way

"Uhhh, I don't really know, I didn't really want to chat with anyone then." Himanshi said.

"Aw, I just wanted to talk to a cute carrot like you." Karthik said as he leaned towards her.

"Uh, okay?" Himanshi replied, confused and walked away.

"Be sure to give me a chance, carrot!" Karthik yelled as he smiled to himself.

Himanshi proceeded to ignore the both of them but she could feel their eyes on her all the time. When it was time to go home, she was excited to pick out her dress for the birthday.