The Business Party

It had been a few days since Aryan had approached Himanshi, he had not bothered her since but his eyes were always on her. Karthik also seemed to stare at her whenever he got the chance. Himanshi ignored them like they were air but she felt watched nonetheless.

She was sitting in her room, listening to rock music, when her mother came inside.

"Yes Amma?" Himanshi asked, slightly confused.

"We're going to a business party later today, so make sure to wear something nice and formal." Her mother said and left.

Soon, Himanshi got up from the bed and began to pick an outfit for the business party. She finally picked an emerald green dress which had a flowy, short skirt and cold shoulder sleeves, white stockings and black one inch heels.

She accessorised the outfit with a cute gold necklace and gold bracelet. She styled her hair into a half ponytail. She put on a black sling bag and put her phone, napkin and tissues inside.

Himanshi put on tinted lip balm, which was pinkish in colour and left to join her parents. Her mother was wearing a dark blue saree with a gold border with hair in a high bun. Her father was wearing a black tuxedo and white shirt.

They left for the business party which was held at a expensive hotel. The venue was grand and huge. They entered the hotel room where the party was being held, it was elegantly decorated.

Himanshi's parents greeted the hosts, Mr. and Mrs. Singh. The hosts were elegantly dressed in expensive clothes. While the hosts, her parents and the other guests were having some sort of meeting, Himanshi sat down on a couch nearby.

Many of the other guests' children noticed her, some ignored her but some came to talk to her. While chatting with some of the guests, Himanshi noticed a presence constantly watching her. She turned around to see Aryan wearing a black shirt and white pants, watching her closely.

Suddenly, Himanshi felt a tap on her shoulder. It was Karthik, dressed in fancy clothes. "Hello miss, what are you doing here?" Karthik said with a cheesy smile.

"Just came here with my parents, of course." Himanshi replied

"You looked so cute, like a carrot." Karthik said, Himanshi was weirded out by his comment and tried to leave but Karthik held her hand.

"Come on, stay with me, I'm having fun." Karthik whispered in her ear but Himanshi removed his hand from hers and left.

It had gotten pretty late when the party was over. Himanshi left with her parents. As soon as she reached home, she lay on her bed and fell asleep.