Chapter Nine: Can't do it!

Recap:

"You know what's absurd? Getting dragged to the police station at three in the morning and being shipped off like a fucking Amazon package to another country to live with a bunch of strangers, leaving everything. Guess what? I didn't ask for you-a stranger- to take me in like a lost puppy."

Al was mad. He just wanted a break. He didn't trust Leo. How could he trust a stranger? Even if that stranger is your long-lost father- he was still nothing more than a stranger but in a way isn't everyone a stranger?

Recap Ended

"It's scary. Everything you're saying to me could be a lie."

{A/N: A part of chapter 8 has been updated. Check it out! It's better than checking humans out. Get it? Ok, Imma stop now.}

THIRD PERSON

Leo was ashamed. He was so happy to get his son back so fucking happy that he forgot how difficult it must have been for him. Getting dragged to a new life.

Leo wasn't stupid. He was observant. He saw the subtle signs of discomfort. The way he walks with a limp and as if his back hurts. He saw the 'luggage' Al had. He knew Al's mother that pezzo di merda (piece of shit) would have threatened him like trash.

Of course, there could be reasons for the limp or the luggage they could just be poor but Al's mother wasn't poor. He was probably jumping to conclusions, but he learned from his job to always follow every single lead, even the most bizarre ones.

"Give me one chance. One signal chance. " The way Leo said it Al would never know how much he was begging Al to stay. He was even prepared to go on his knees touch his feet anything. He had to get that cute little kid past Al out of his head and focus on the present teen Al.

No not Al. Alex. Leo reminded himself bitterly. When Al was little he used to get so annoyed if anyone called him 'Alex'...

"One chance? What do you mean one chance?" Al asked.

"I can't do this" Al mumbled. He wanted everything to stop. He wanted to sleep and never wake up. He wanted the headache to stop.

Leo thought he meant the argument but then he saw Alex. His fingers were trembling but they were clenched in a fist and his eyes looked half shut. He looked broken...No please don't be what I think it means.

"When you say you can't. What do you mean?" Leo asked putting it as gently as he could but judging by Al's reaction he must have done a shitty job.

"What do I mean?" He spat out angrily. What kind of stupid question is that?

"Meaning I can't fucking do this anymore. "

When Al met Lorenzo he wondered how was he his father. When Al thought of his father, which he rarely did, but he always pictured his father to be sone lowlife on the street begging for money.

He didn't understand how Leo and him are related. Al got used to sneaking food from his school stealing othes and begging for money where as Lorenzo was the opposite.

He was frustrated. He could have had a different life but then... It was probably all just lies. It always is.

He can't remember the last time someone said something good about himself. Sure, his teachers complemented him for being the smartest but it wasn't from someone he knew. His whole life all Als been told is lies. The lies...

Leo knew he wasn't talking about this conversation. The best case option right know would just being honest.

"You don't want to live." Al rolled his eyes.

"No shit, Sherlock" Al was getting really frustrated. Why can't people just leave him alone?

"Okay, So you have no reasons to live?" Al was caught of guard.

Leo was acting so casual. He expected Leo to be more like wtf. Why would you want to not live at a young age your so ungrateful but instead he's a king him question.

No, he's just pretending.

Al didn't answer. He zoned out.

"Alex?" Leo asked. Leo had no idea what to do. He remembered earlier when Alex used to force him to call him Al. He hated it.

He understands nicknames but Alex is a short name. Why would you shorten it further?

Now... He hated calling Al, Alex. Ah , the irony.

Alex looked at Leo with annoyed look.

"Okay, Come on" Leo was getting a bit annoyed. He felt wrong getting annoyed because it wasn't Alex's fault.

No, it was all his fault. If his stupid self got there earlier instead of just shooting Al's biological birth giver. He could have stopped the whole thing

He should have trained more. Predicted the shot but his dumb teenage self couldn't. Leo could easily have saved AL know in the exact same situation. And that's what he hates. It was his laziness that got him almost killed but he didn't care about that. Not as compared as loosing Al.

At least if he died Al would have been with his brothers but instead she was with that bitch.

"Where? " Al looked even more annoyed.

"Somewhere" Leo replied and went to get a proper hoodie that didn't have holes in them. Reminder to go shopping, he'd just tell Nate. That idiot loves shopping.

Lorenzo could tell Al was annoyed with him considering the glare he gave him.

Leo went to Nate's room. He probably was the one closest to Al's size.

Leo was going to knock on the door. Then, he remembered he didn't have to knock. He knew how much his siblings love privacy so of course he just loved to take it away from.

Nate was on the bed sleeping. It's very early in the morning. Lorenzo forgot his watch but he knew that because the sun had not yet risen.

Normally Leo would have let him sleep but normally Leo would be resting not sleeping, he rarely gets sleep. If Leo can't get his rest neither can his annoying brother.