Chapter XI "Do you remember?"

On Wednesday, feeling increasingly cold with the approach of winter, Chaewon dressed in warm enough clothes to go out all afternoon. She had agreed to meet Yunjin at the exit of her university, and they could grab something to eat at a restaurant or go see a movie, maybe both.

Upon arrival, she called Yunjin to locate her, and after a short search, she found the blonde, but she was engrossed in a lively conversation with her friends.

Before making herself known, Chaewon discreetly glanced at who accompanied her golden-haired girl.

A girl with slanted eyes, pale skin, and dark hair that created a beautiful contrast, dressed elegantly and seemed to be a girl with a sense of humour, as she smiled and laughed most of the time. The second girl had younger features, and she sported a nice blue tint in her hair; she seemed to be the most expressive of the group, as every word that came out of her lips turned into a performance of gestures. And finally, the third girl, who had a tougher and sharper look, exuded a certain charisma just by looking at her from afar; she seemed to be the oldest of the four, and the only one with shoulder-length hair.

And it's worth adding that they were all impressively tall. Chaewon felt more embarrassed than usual, not only because she was entering uncharted territory, but also because the height difference between her and them would be impossible to disguise.

However, she couldn't hide for long since Yunjin noticed her presence too soon.

"Chaewon!" she exclaimed, quickly approaching her.

She could swear that seeing her run towards her was a scene that played out in slow motion, with her hair bouncing on her shoulders, her smile getting bigger and bigger, and happiness radiating from her eyes.

Oh Chaewon, you're silly in love.

"Do you want me to introduce you?" Yunjin asked after giving her a warm hug.

She smelled of a floral perfume, elegant and innocent.

"Sure."

She tried to sound as convinced as possible, despite trembling inside.

They approached the small group; the three girls smiled politely and exchanged small bows as they met.

Yes, Chaewon was, indeed, the shortest of the group.

"This is Chaewon," Yunjin pointed out, placing her hands on the shoulders of the aforementioned, and then began to point to each of the girls, "Kazuha, Eunchae, and Kaeun."

"How's life, Chaewon?" began the short-haired one.

"It's alright, thanks. What about yours?"

The others responded with genuine giggles to her question, and Chaewon felt herself blushing.

"Do you study here?" Eunchae asked if she remembered correctly.

"Well, no... I took some time to make sure about what I wanted to study, and actually, this year I'm already preparing for the entrance exam," she explained calmly.

Yunjin gave her a surprised look; she had forgotten to mention her certainty about taking the exam. Nonetheless, she didn't say anything, she let Chaewon express herself freely within her group of friends.

"How do you know Yunjin?"

"She helped me get home after a party," she explained, smiling at her" but we didn't get along well until after I got to know her.

The girls laughed at her words, and even more so after seeing the outraged expression on the blonde's face.

"What do you mean we didn't get along?"