Family Troubles: 3

Third POV:

Camelot's troops made it back to home turf without any hitches. There were little to no casualties and most were uninjured since they only joined the battle to stall for time.

As they got closer to Camelot itself and saw the walls on the horizon, Gawain called back to the troops. "Stand strong, men! We are almost home!"

His call managed to lift the morales of the troops, making them eager to return. Percival in particular was eager to return safely from his first mission, despite it not going as planned.

"Sir Green Knight, are you going to join us in Camelot?" Percival asked, but did not receive an answer. When he looked, he found that Zack was nowhere to be found. "Where did the Green Knight go?"

Lancelot cleared his throat. "The... Green Knight said he would head to his own home and left just now," he replied.

Percival deflated a bit but tried his best to keep his smile. "I see. I suppose it makes sense we never saw him in Camelot, then."

Lancelot and Gawain looked at each other, both considering to tell Percival that Zack is most definitely going to be in Camelot, but deciding against it and simply focusing on getting back.

First POV: Zack

The Camelot troops reached the white gates of the city only after the sun came down. As soon as they did, the headed straight for the castle to report to Artoria.

While she wasn't exactly pleased that we basically handed the territory to Vortigern and Lot, she was still glad no dangerous weapon ended in either one's hand and that almost all the soldiers made it back, especially since Vortigern was personally there.

Vortigern's appearance caused quite the commotion in court. Apparently, no one was expecting the 'black dragon' to personally show up, and it caused them to rile up and try to persuade Artoria into attacking Vortigern herself.

I wasn't really part of the meeting -because who would choose to be part of politics if they can help it-, but from what I was told, Artoria managed to calm them down.

I was just waiting for them outside of the throne room. Once they came out, I just waited for the nobles and captains to leave before approaching the Knights of the Round Table.

"Welcome back, Percival. Congratulations on a safe return," I said to the newest Knight of the Round Table.

Percival, despite looking tired, still smiled. "Ah, greetings, Zack. It was a harsh affair and I'm grateful to return safely. How have you been?"

"I've been well. It was rather boring in here at Camelot," I replied and I can see Lancelot and Gawain, who were passing by behind Percival, giving me a deadpan stare.

I guess I can tell Percival, but I feel like the mystery of the Green Knight's identity is actually making the whole deal more exciting for him. A bit childish, but so what?

"Now, if you excuse me, I have a meeting with King Arthur, and you need to rest after your mission. I'll see you later," I told Percival and he nodded before walking away. I waited until everyone was gone before I walked into the throne room and saw Artoria messaging the side of her head with Merlin there with her. "I take it you didn't predict Vortigern being there personally?"

Artoria sighed, placing both hands on the armrest of her throne and shaking her head. "No, I did not. Frankly, the fact you all made it back alive is more than I can hope for since he was involved."

"Speaking of which, how come you didn't know anything about him being there, Merlin?" I asked the Mage.

Merlin just shrugged. "Vortigern is a special case. Because of his nature, whenever I try to spot him with my clairvoyance, I just see nothing but black."

I sighed and crossed my arms, shaking my head at Artoria. "Man, your family is a mess. Seriously, just this last mission alone had your uncle, brother in law, and niece fighting. I guess I can't judge though since this whole thing was my fault for making the weapon."

Artoria blinked for a couple of seconds before looking at me in shock. "You made the fake weapon?!"

"Hey, I'm an eternal being with literally nothing better to do than walk around. Why wouldn't I make a few things out of sheer boredom?" I said back in my defence.

"Don't you think it's irresponsible to leave stuff you made just laying around?" Merlin asked.

I gave him my strongest deadpan look. "So, you're telling me that if I go to your tower right now, I wouldn't find some mystical stuff you made out of boredom thrown around the room?"

"Hey, this isn't about me. This is about you."