No More Students: 1

I knew what I said would definitely give Artoria a lot to think about.

But I didn't think she'd lock herself in her room for nearly a whole week!

She didn't come out even for food. Her knights and Merlin were concerned and angry. Though, the anger was directed at me. Every time I walked around, I would get glares from people around.

Honestly? It wasn't so bad. Back in Uruk I was getting stares all the time when I first arrived. At least now they actually have a reason to glare at me other than my looks.

Then again, I'm not in my real body, so...

I just spent the past few days exploring the city. Since I'm stuck in Camelot, might as well get familiar with it for now. I have to admit, other than the - in my opinion at least - unnecessary repeat of using white as the main color of everything, the city was honestly rather pretty.

The buildings, while most are still incomplete, are still a sight to behold. The streets are clean. There was well maintained trees every now and then in front of houses or just at the sides of streets. And it was large enough for any kinds of merchant and store to be found.

"Zachary."

It's really different from Uruk which, now that I think about it, is probably the reason why I think all this white is unnecessary. Uruk's houses were only painted for important people like guard Captains or members of the council.

"Zachary."

Maybe I should be more open minded when it comes to agriculture. I mean, it's gonna be changing no matter what, so I should just accept that, at least as long as its nothing weird.

"Zachary!" Someone grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

"Bedivere?" I looked at who was holding me and I was honestly surprised. Bedivere was one of the knights that especially avoided me, mainly because he preferred being at Artoria's side.

"Why were you not answering, Zachary?" Bedivere asked.

"Uh... because that's not my name," I replied, looking confused. "My name is Zack, not Zachary."

"Is it not a shorter, informal version of Zachary?" Bedivere asked.

I mean... technically he's not wrong, but that's still not my name. As far as I know, my name has always been Zack since I woke up in that forest.

Great, this is making me wonder where I got that name.

Shaking those thoughts away, I looked at Bedivere. "Anyway, do you need something?"

"His majesty wishes to speak with you," Bedivere replied.

Oh, so she finally came out. "Alright, lead the way," I shrugged my shoulders and just followed Bedivere.

We walked into the castle and headed for the throne room. Surprisingly, Gawain was waiting by the door alongside Kay. Bedivere walked aside and stood besides them.

"His majesty wants to see you in private," Bedivere explained why he was waiting by the door.

I just shrugged again and entered. I highly doubt this was a trap because there was no reason for one. Plus, Artoria is very reasonable despite her inhuman pretence.

When I got in, the whole place was a bit dark since most of the drapes were closed, letting in very little light. The air itself felt a bit gloomier than what it used to be.

Artoria was on her throne with Merlin close by. She looked... Well, not good. She had a bit of dark lines under her eyes and her lack of food was obvious.

Guess what I told her shook her more than I thought.

"You're here," she mumbled, weakly raising her head.

"I am, you look thin. Have you been eating anything at all?" I asked out of genuine concern.

Artoria didn't answer. She looked at me and took a deep breath. "I... Wish to be a good king. One my people can rely on. I love this land and the people, and you said that is why I cannot be perfect."

"Yes, and?" I asked, giving her a chance to continue.

Artoria looked upwards and shook her head. "I... Am not sure what to do anymore. I aspire to be the best king I can be but... I do not wish to stop loving my people. Even to be perfect, I cannot do that."

"And that's good," I said, placing my hands on my waist. "There's nothing wrong with a king loving their people. I've met the most arrogant king you'll ever see but he was still proud of his people all the same."

Artoria raised an eyebrow and looked like she was about to ask me about who I was talking about before she shook her head.

"Now, for the reason I called you here," she looked at me with pleading eyes. "Can you please... Teach me how to be a king that loves their people?"

"Nope!" I declined so quickly even Merlin blinked in surprise. Raising my hand in mock surrender, I shook my head. "Nu-uh. I do NOT take students anymore. Even if I knew how to teach you that, I have no desire to take your, or anyone for that matter, as a student."

Honestly, I know I'm being a bit paranoid but... What happened to Yang still hist me pretty hard.

Sure, Svend turned out great and was a good king, but I had nothing to do with the last part. I only taught Svend to fight and to not be much of a battle maniac.

Being a great king was something Svend did all on his own.

"Please, I ask of you to reconsider," Artoria's desperation was evident in her voice. "There is no one else for me to ask."

I opened my mouth to deny that before stopping and actually thinking about it.

Merlin was there but he didn't say anything. He was just observing. If I remember correctly, he was the one that told her being king means being inhuman, so he's probably quiet because he agrees with her.

Her knights, who were borderline blindly loyal, would never dare speak back to her, let alone lecture her. Maybe Kay because he grew up with her and trained her on knighthood, but the others wouldn't dare speak up.

God dammit, this job is becoming more of a headache than I thought.

"Alright, give me three days and I'll come up with something," I said crossing my arms and turning around. "But again! I'm not here to be your mentor, so don't expect much!"

"The fact you try alone is enough," Artoria gave me a weak smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Now go eat something. You're practically skin and bones."