10

June 12, 1944

The wind was soft today not as crazy as yesterday. The beach was beautiful in the summer.

There was no one in cite, except for Pete and Will playing in the water. And a very "exciting" Mary.

These past couple of months I've been writing and receiving letters from Bucky.

He was still in a camp, Bucky says it's better in the summer not as cold. Most of the crew is spending time outside.

I think he's still board out of his mind there. Buck is trying to get him out of writing and find out who Bucky keeps writing too.

While I'm here sitting on a beach towel in the warm sand. The sun was warm on my back.

It felt so good from the cold winter we had. Pete and Will have been at the beach basically since May.

I took a break from reading and got up and went to go put my feet in the water. The water was blue almost like a crystal blue. I've never seen water that blue before.

My dress was almost going up and into the wind. It was my fault for wearing a short floral dress. Wind crashing on my face almost felt like Bucky and me running through the forest in Germany.

Why was I thinking about him so much. Lately I've been thinking about more often, maybe it's because I've been getting so many letters from him but I don't know.

Going back home I finally opened my window in my room and started writing.

Dear Bucky,
I'm sure you're sitting outside on this fine summer day, I mean it's been really nice out at least where I am. Most the time I'm outside on a blanket writing to you or reading.
But I have been painting when we get colors every once in a while. I do need some lessons because there pretty bad but I'll send them to you after summer ends so you can get a full picture of what I have been looking at.

                                      From Margaret