1

November 19, 1939

I was walking along the road when I saw planes flying overhead. We usually get lots of bomb fighters in Berlin.

The war had been going on for a couple of months now. My family and I lived on a farm in Berlin. My father doesn't think we'll get affected by the war.

We don't have a radio so we kinda just hear about it from other people. I was on the way to Mrs. Fredrick house to get some eggs.

My feet usually pick up once I get through the forest. I could see the stream of water going into a lake.

Her farm was a cute little barn with her chickens and 2 cows that she could milk.

My feet made this trail everyday and always enjoyed it even after the war. My mother was always worried.

She had a different opinion on the war. She was scared since we were Jewish on her side.

She would tell me don't go to Mrs. Fredrick's house. Once I got up to the door I knocked on it like usual.

Mrs. Fredrick opened the door. "Hi Margaret" "Hi" "I have your eggs here" "thank you Mrs. Fredrick"

Once I got my eggs I walked back to my house which was a mile away. The airplanes in the sky looked like birds flying.

My head looked up and saw a military plane. My father said they kept coming over from America.

There were still people in Berlin, some left and went to Amsterdam. My walk back felt so long I didn't think it felt this long.

Once I saw the red barn I started running to get inside.