Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Simon walks to Eddie's car in the same alley spot they meet up. Simon gets in the car. He looks at Eddie and hands him the envelope.

"Happy?"

Eddie opens the envelope and counts the money, amounting to ten-thousand dollars.

"Happy as a fucking bee." Eddie smiles at him.

"So, how's Virgil these days?"

"He's a ball breaking wreck."

"Yeah? Can you tell him to take it easy with the payments? I don't know what's going on with that guy. I can barely get enough sleep."

"I don't give a shit if your head or your ass starts to ache. The payments are every week."

"Crist, can't you guys give me a break? I was steadily getting the money before, wasn't I? Now, let alone ten-thousand fucking dollars—"

"Twenty-thousand dollars."

"What?" Simon looks at Eddie with disbelief.

"It's twenty-thousand dollars..."

"C'mere you fuck..." Simon's face fills with anger as he reaches to grab Eddie. But, he pulls out his gun and points it at Simon.

"Back the fuck up, big boy." Eddie says as Simon steadily raises his hands. "Get out of the car." Eddie demanded. Simon gets out of the car as Eddie keeps his gun pointed at Simon.

"You're bunch of money crazed fucks, you know that?" Simon says angrily.

"Twenty-thousand, next week. No hiccups."

Eddie closes Simon's side of the door and drives off...

*****

Simon walks into the same bar seeing Lou and Kyle having drinks.

"Simon, hey!" Lou calls to Simon's attention. He sees both of them and sits in the table, joining them. "You wanna drink? But, they're outta milkshakes." Lou and Kyle laughs. Simon sits in the table looking uncomfortable, shuffling in his seat, taking deep breaths.

"What's wrong, Simon? You look like hard shit today." Kyle says.

"You in the gig or not? You gotta say your spot cuz I'm finalizing roles here." Lou asks.

"I dunno, Lou... I don't think I can." Simon says, tiringly rubbing his face.

"What do you mean? C'mon man. We can get one more guy for crowd control. I mean, you gonna keep breaking our balls about this or what? You talk to someone about the loan we're taking?

"I'm not fucking doing it, Lou!" Simon exclaims as the mood changes.

"Whoa dude, calm your tits." Kyle says.

"Calm my tits?" Simon stands up from his chair "Nine-hundred thousand I end up paying Virgil because my guys had to fucking die. We had that heist by the balls! But then everything went fucking topside! I do my time, then I get greeted with a million dollars I gotta kick up alone!? What's next huh? We get pinched in that fucking heist my debt goes up by a thousand! After that, he'll be asking for thirty-thousand! Fifty-thousand! It's why I'm stuck in this jerk-off BAR! Drinking a FUCKING MILKSHAKE!