CHAPTER VIII - No Time To Turn Back Now

A line of lost boys are seen following Too Small in a large marsh nearing the swamps. Too Small struggles to remember directions.

"Not this again, can you make up your mind already, we're going to miss our chances." Scolds Ace as Too small looks towards a rising billow of smoke and points towards a shack that is cleverly hidden from plain sight.

They enter the shack without knocking to see it is near empty.

"Awe boys, I almost forgot." The Voodoo lady reopens some of her compartments to remove some strains of hair and other concoctions. "Do you have the garment?" Thud Butt hands over the heart spotted underwear with a pair of tongs looking custom made. She smiles as she grabs it with some tongs of her own. "Excellent choice children." She tells them with a curious smile while throwing the boxers into a single bowl along with some hairs and spices.

After a small display of magic the bowl erupts into smoke and the room instantly smells like old musky Hook.

"Oh it's like he's standing right in front of us!" Shouts Latch Boy.

"Smells like fish feet!" Shouts Too Small to specify.

The Vood lady retrieves the underwear with tongs of her own and throws it into a glass jar while securing it tight before handing it over to Thud Butt.

"I require payment for the glass jar." She ends with a wink to Thud Butt. "I'll collect another time." Thud Butt doesn't say a word but unleashes his dimples looking down at this now weaponized jar in his hands.

"Thank you so much!" Other lost boys say as they begin to exit the shack. Thud Butt finally looks up at her to show his gratitude.

"We won't let you down, miss...?" Thud Butt announces with a question.

"Dalma... Tia Dalma." She confirms with her wicked smile.

"Will you ever come back miss Dalma?" Questions too small with a few tugs of her dress from behind to grab her attention. She turns to face him.

"I'm afraid that isn't up to me, little one." She explains subtly breaking the fourth wall with her smile.

"Come on gang, we still have time to set the trap, let's hurry and get in disguise!" Thud Butt encourages as the remaining lost boys quickly exit The Voodoo lady's home all except Too Small who's left looking around at her interesting belongings all parsley packed in and outside on a wagon out front.

"Are you going to other world to grow up too?" Too Small asks his first of many questions.

"My my, I fear I've done all the growing up I can stand for one lifetime." She confesses.

"Are you going to visit Peter?" He now questions, excited with the idea.

"Peter Pan, no..." She clarifies, "I'll be traveling to other world alright but to a different era, a personal favorite of mine."

"What's an era?" Too Small wonders as the Voodoo lady stops to think of the easiest way to explain it herself.

"Well, it's like a home, inside of time itself." She says happy with her answer but sees these words go right through Too Small. The Voodoo lady smiles to see his innocents. "Would you like to come with me?" She offers Too Small an apprenticeship. Without much thought, Too Small shakes his head no. "What a shame." She confesses. "You would have made for an excellent Ward."