CHAPTER II - Tinker Bell Begins Her Search

Without giving it any thought Tinker Bell instinctually flies straight towards London.

As if hitting a force field she stops herself from nearing any closer to Wendy's Block and gathers herself from her own mistake. Still very much heartbroken she flies fast and away towards a nearby court yard in the opposite direction.

She lands softly near a couple of men reading the early paper. She shakes away her heartache and distracts herself by listening to the two gentlemen in mid conversation.

"What a shame all that what's happening there in America."

"Too many orphanages." The other man replies.

"President Roosevelt aims to set some standards to the way they're being run seems like."

"About time I say." The two men agree. Tinker Bell thinks to herself, AMERICA.

"I can be there clear before sun down!" She darts herself straight towards the states. Quickly arriving to America Tinker Bell learns her way around with much ease as she begins to sweep the country.

Orphanage to orphanage Tinker Bell finds nothing but bullies, alpha males abusing their strength with torment, shoving kids' faces into sand, shaking them down for coins or taking lunches from fellow orphans. These kids are far from what Pan stood for. Tinker Bell quickly realizes this but continues her search for a formidable leader.

After 50 orphanages visited Tinker Bell finds every leader figure more fit to be pirates over lost boys. Ready to call it quits she overhears a young married couple discussing their options for adoption on a nearby park bench. Tink fly's closer to listen as she so loves to do.

"Dear, I'm telling you this new organization isn't a normal orphanage it's more like a prep school, and doesn't even have the word orphanage in it. I'm telling you Debra, if you want an astounding family we ought to start there at the G.O.S.H.

"The G.O.S.H?" The wife replies.

"Yes it's the Great Ormond Service Housing, there down the road we can make an appointment as early as tomorrow." Tinker Bell looks in that direction and tells herself loudly.

"There's hope still yet Lost Boys, I'll make my appointment right now!" She shoots towards the facility and watches the kids all out on the yard. Mostly boys, a few girls but out of all the orphanages Tink has visited, this one clearly shows the least troubled or tempered youth. Oh finally some action Tink thinks to herself as she watches two boys aggressively arguing over a single chalk board tablet.

"It's my chalkboard!"

"No it's not, you have to share!"

"I got it first!"

Just then a single stick of chalk from one of the boy's grip falls to the floor and rolls a distance away.

The shadow of a foot enters and steps down on the stick of chalk introducing for the first time our protagonist RUFIO. Rufio, standing a few inches taller than the rest of the children, yanks the chalkboard out from the hands of the two kids. He takes a second to look at each of them with his menacing signature smile of his before breaking the chalk board over his knee with an angry grunt. Great another bully Tinker Bell thinks to herself while annoyed. Ready to leave she realizes Rufio hands each of the kids a piece of broken chalk board for their very own and continues to bend down and picks up the now two pieces of chalk to hand out as well. The two boys smile up at Rufio with gratitude before a voice is heard shouting from behind.