[𝟒] 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬

┕━»•» ✨ «•«━━━━━━━━┙

OH MY GOD, SHE MIGHT ACTUALLY KILL ME/j

IN WHERE Cassandra holds a training lesson with [Name]

»•» ✨ «•«

"Everything begins with your stance, [Nickname]." Cassandra informed the kid beside her, adjusting the broom in their hands in order for them to balance. [Name] properly adjusted it to Cassandra's liking, not liking the idea of messing up.

It didn't take long for [Name] to return to the kingdom of Corona after Cassandra had promised them a couple of lessons in combat. They, once again, felt bad for leaving their best bud back in Old Corona, knowing he'd have to continue deciphering the mystery behind the black rocks and with the two critters running around in his lab. Hopefully Quirin doesn't find him tampering with the rocks... again.

It's not like they were doing anything bad! Sure, [Name] suggested scratching the black rocks with whatever they had. They even somehow got their hands on small daggers from Xavier's blacksmith for reasons only they know. They even tried pouring some formulas on the daggers for some hopeful effects. Nothing.

Besides, Varian insisted they take the lessons. After all, he does think they could be extremely beneficial to them for the future. He even went to the depth of reassuring them that he's got everything under control (even though they both knew better).

So, reluctantly yet so wanting to go at the same time, [Name] found themselves here. Outside in the open fields of the Kingdom Castle, far away from any precious flower beds.

"Alright, first question. Why will you fight?" Cassandra quizzed, looking down on them with a stern look. Her question got them thinking: Could there be another reason why they accepted these lessons? They knew they needed to learn to fend for themselves. No need for another Andrew-related incident to happen again.

"I need to learn to fight for myself," [Name] answered, hesitating for a bit. Why did Cassandra ask them, knowing very well that the answer is why she offered this? It is just all so confusing to them.

"I am aware. But fighting for yourself isn't going to get you anywhere," Cassandra lectured, taking out a sharp dagger from her boot to throw it at Eugene's painted face in her sparring dummy. She aimed and threw the dagger with such grace, yet the sight was a bit scary. It landed perfectly on Eugene's nose. "I should know."

[Name] felt their arms drop slowly, bringing the broom down with them. "What do you mean?"

"Wanna know something, kid? If you have a reason to fight other than yourself, you are sure to win the battle," Cassandra continued, smirking in the end with her arms crossed. "I fight for this kingdom. I fight because I want to be in the royal guard. I fight for Rapunzel," Cassandra listed, keeping her head up high as she spoke.