IX

"Um... Wh-Where... How is... It's gone?..." Vessel dropped his chin back down and leaned forward, licking a long line from my upper arm, over my shoulder, up my neck, and onto my ear. The action gave me shivers and a soft moan left my chest. Ves leaned back and cleaned the rest of the blood from his lips before resting a gentle kiss on my forehead. He nodded.

"Yes it is. Fortunately, that's another one of my 'things'." I slowly nodded and lifted my hand to feel of the space where his teeth once tore a chunk out of me. I was stunned, but it was short-lived as I remembered the bite on my thigh from earlier. I sat up completely and twisted the meat on my thigh so I could see where the mark was, but it was gone too. In its spot was a small rune.

It was a circle with a dot in the middle. On the top were two little lines, curved away from each other and connected at the point they met the circle. I ran my hand over it, but there was no texture, as if it was a tattoo. I looked up to Ves for an explanation. His own eyebrows furrowed and he tilted his head.

"A 'V'? Why is that there? That's never happened before..." I turned back to my shoulder and wiped away the blood with my hand. Another rune. Straight line at the top, two short lines curved away from each other underneath, also connected to one another against the top line. Vessel reached forward, touching the rune.

"An E... What the bloody hell is going on?..." I chewed my lip, my anxiety rising. Vessel stepped off the bed and stumbled a little, catching his balance on the bedpost.

"Christ... Dizzy..." I kicked my legs off the side of the bed and, as expected, my legs could barely hold me. I shifted my gaze to Vessel, whose legs were also shaking. He looked up at me, confusion written on his face.

"The hell?..." I shrugged and held my hand out for him to support himself. I backed up and settled on the edge of the bed again.

"I dunno... But just sit for now. We can clean up in a little while." Vessel nodded and sat beside me, resting his right hand on my thigh.

"Are you doing alright? I know that was a lot..." I smiled and set my hand on top of his, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yes, I'm ok. My hips ache a bit, but it's a good ache." Ves laughed and kissed the top of my head.

"That's good. I'm... Not very good at controlling myself... Not around you, anyway..." I stayed silent, knowing he was right, but not wanting him to think I feared him. He cracked his knuckles and slowly stood, his legs stronger now.

"Let's go get this off... We look terrifying." He ran one hand over my left shoulder, and the other down his cock. He then held out his hands, laughing. They were each slathered in their respective bodily fluids and I faked a gag, giggling at the scene.

"Agreed, that's crazy looking." I stood and grabbed onto his arm. Vessel led us back to the shower and we each took a proper shower. We both inevitably tried to scrub at the runes on my body, but of course, they didn't budge.

After we dried off, Ves sat me on the toilet seat, wrapped in a plush, black towel. He disappeared back into the bedroom and returned with a pair of grey sweatpants on and one of his shirts. He held it out to me and used his own towel to help me dry my hair. By that, I mean he tossed it over my head and aggressively rubbed my head, making me giggle. I put his shirt on and it landed just under my ass cheeks. Vessel had started to collect the sheets to probably throw away. When I stepped in he turned to glance at me for a second, but did a double-take when he saw me in his shirt.

He dropped the pile of sheets on the floor and took a few long strides over to me, grabbing my hips and pulling me against him. His thumbs massaged my hip bones, and he pressed his body to mine, chewing on his bottom lip.