I

"Don't wake me... Don't wake me up... Don't wake me... Don't wake me up..."

The crowd rippled with cheers as the song ended. I was pressed forward against the barrier as III hopped down from the stage and went up to the crowd, accepting gifts for the band, hugs, and pictures. I brought a little box with handmade little plush dolls of each member and a little bag of miscellaneous American candies inside, so I took the opportunity to pass it to III. He blew me a flamboyant kiss through his mask before he moved on. I watched him make his rounds down the line of concert goers and hop back onstage to go relax in his dressing room.

Adjusting the black veil I had hanging over my lower face, I turned around to see the other people there starting to crowd very close to me and I got pushed backwards. It felt like I was stuck in the pit during Vore. I tripped and got pushed through a door, discombobulating me as I fell to the carpeted floor. I slowly stood, my shoulder aching. When I got my bearings, I realized I was surrounded by three unmarked doors and I had no clue which one I got shoved through. I turned and saw a long dark hallway, dimly lit by small, red L.E.D.s overhead.

Curiosity got the better of me and I took one last look at the doors before I crept down the hall. I got to the end of the hall and to my immediate left there was a black metal door with a silver star on it. I hadn't gotten caught so far, so why not? I carefully pushed open the heavy door and I let out a soft creak. I poked my head in and peered around. Seeing no one, I called out.

"Hello...? Anyone in h-" I was cut off by a soft, deep voice with a lilting English accent.

"What are you doing in here? How... How did you get back here?" I startled and snapped my head to my left where, behind the door, sat Vessel. The lead singer.

He was lounged in a firm, leather and metal makeup chair at a vanity, a book hanging from his left hand, his right gripping the arm rest. He had sat forward at attention upon my intrusion. He still had all of his concert gear on, minus his shoulder piece and shoes. He still wore his cloak, pants, tabi socks, mask, jewelry, and most of his paint. He had streaks where he had sweat some of the black paint off and I could see his pale skin beneath. I couldn't keep from staring. I felt like a Victorian man seeing an ankle. Vessel broke my distraction by clearing his throat. I snapped out of my daze and looked back up at the singer.

"Right I- well- um... I just... I got lost and um..." I trailed off and lowered my gaze to the floor. It felt like his mask's six eyes were all burning a hole in me. I heard shuffling and peeked up to see Vessel marking the page in his book and laying it on the vanity. He turned back to me and sat back in his chair.

"Lost, hmm...?" He folded his arms over his chest. I just about melted.

"You don't have to hide behind the door..." Vessel's voice was just above a whisper. The room was so still and silent you could hear the soft murmur of the crowds still filing out of the building. I stood up straight and it put me just far enough into the room that the door could close behind me.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to bother you, I just... um... " I dropped my gaze to the floor again and played with my fingers. More shuffling from Vessel.

"You're alright. Though I'm surprised you didn't get caught on your way here. You know I don't talk with fans..." I caught a strain in his voice during his last sentence. I lifted my head to question it, but he stood up and stretched, instantly towering over me. I couldn't help but blush watching his muscular stomach ripple as he pulled the skin taut. I noted that he painted over his happy trail that led all the way up to his naval and a little above.

"R-right... Am I gonna get in trouble or something...?" I watched a smirk pull at his painted lips, exposing his shiny white teeth. I never noticed just how sharp his canines were...