Chapter 6

The following months were worrisome. We spent a long time fortifying the Manor and even picked up a few new recruits from trade runs. Not sure if we can fully trust them or not.

We found a boy, Keiran. He was left behind when we found a safe house for the Undead and ambushed them. He saved my life though, shot one of his own that took me off guard and almost killed me. Lewis doesn't like him.

And yes, we got married last month.
Young love am I right?

"Hey Mrs" a small voice called, I looked up from my desk and saw Molly. Violet found her wandering in the woods looking for food a few weeks ago. She didn't eat much and was quiet but she was useful.

"Yes?" I said as her brown eyes gleamed in the sun.
Her small blue jacket and black leggings ripped from dangers unbeknownst to all but herself. She stood there holding her thumb in her other hand out of nervousness.
"Um Mr. Lewis wanted me to find you." She said in her brittle voice. Being a 15 year old in a world like this around people like this is hard and stressful.

"Thanks Molly, I'll go see him." I said taking off my reading glasses and walking towards the door, I turned before I reached it and looked at the girl. "Wanna do something for me?" Her eyes lit up.

I smiled and pointed to my desk, "why don't you watch the place for a while? I have some paper and pens in the drawer if you get bored." I said as she rushed begin the desk and jumped in the chair.

I walked out and traveled the corridor and stopped in front of his office door, I knocked three times and walked in once I got no answer.

Inside his desk was empty and his blackout curtains were closed despite it being a beautiful day, I walked to the desk and sat down in his chair.

I smiled and straightened my back and began mocking my beloved Husband, "no Violet I will not be free to do any chore you ask of me." I said in a goofy tone.

I jumped when I heard a chuckle behind me and turned to see Lewis standing in a white dress shirt and black pants. "I do not sound like that."

He looked at me and smiled as he approached. He let his hands rest on either side of the chair's armrest, causing him to lean completely over me and make me feel small.

"I heard you needed me babe."
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot." He said finally leaning back up and opening a drawer to his desk.

He pulled out a small box that was wrapped in as shiny purple plastic finished with a yellow bow.
He kneeled in front of me and placed the box on my lap.

I looked at him confused but nonetheless, i opened the package and tossed the plastic into a small bin under me. Inside was a bed of fake grass topped with a shiny chain that held a pendant of a lavender colored flower. It was beautiful.

"Do you know what that is?" He said but i nodded no.
"It's the first flower i picked for you when we met, remember?" He spoke before grabbing the necklace and going behind me to put it on.

I gasped when memories flooded my mind.

Reunion*

The air was cold and thin, the night sky gleamed through every window and tree that stood tall.

My body shook as the cut marks i gathered from a gruesome fight burned heavily over and over again.
I held my midriff in pain and tried my best to breathe properly.

I thought i was going to die, when i noticed a large building in the far distance of the woods that I wondered.
I picked up my pace and trotted quickly towards the metal gates before an arrow was shot at my feet knocking me back a bit.