A Chance

Her

"My Romeo oh how I've missed you. Mateo here is being rude and not having any human manners." He smirks in my response. I know he won't play along, after all, I did say he knows my tricks. But since Mateo is here he feels confident enough to let down his guard.

"Romeo? I've had many of nicknames but Romeo is new"

"What were you saying?" Santiago asks with a rude tone.

"Oh yeah, the men aren't finding anything they are starting to evacuate some of them while others keep looking or standing guard."

Mateo lets out a groan. He's frustrated because he can't arrest me this time.

"Well maybe, now this is just a thought, maybe I'm innocent," I say with a shrug and a smile.

"Well we don't work on maybes," Mateo says while turning to face the computer.

"This should be considered harassment. This is what your fourth time investigating me. and still nothing. I should really start reporting these situations." I say more to myself.

"If that were the case I doubt our findings would be leading us to you, now would they" Blond says with a smirk and I can read his badge saying Grant. Then I remembered his name is Felix nice to know I guess.

"Well, Felix maybe someone is setting me up," then it clicks. The first three times the raid happened I understood. But this time it's different. Why? Because there is an actual chance I might be getting a setup. A really big chance.

"Man you see, you made me lose my Romeo privilege."

"Who would even want to set you up?" Santiago says while not looking at me.

I ignore them both too busy thinking about everything happening. Who would do this to me? I don't have enemies, well apart from the ones in this room. I can't come up with anyone for any reason. This i when I know I have truly lost. They will find something and I will get arrested. Who the fuck is setting me up. If it were these two agents, it would have not taken this long to find the evidence. My employer wouldn't do this because I just had brunch with him and the crew the other day. They don't suspect a thing, I hope. I'm on the verge of a freakout and they notice.

They glance at each other before Mateo focuses even more on the computer. I walk towards the computer and Grant stops me with a hand on my shoulder.

"I like playing games but you will have to stay back or be retained," Grant says.

"I just want to watch," I say to focused on the screen. We all just stay focused on the screen. Mateo's fingers were the only thing moving in the room.

Fuck

I see it and I pray more than ever that they don't see it. But who am I kidding their eyes are trained to see. A file marked spicy with a pepper emoji. What the flip type of name is that? I can only guess what is on there and so can they by the look they both gave me and I rolled my eyes before saying,

"That isn't mine and I want you both to know I said that even knowing my Miranda rights."

They give each other a glance before Mateo opens it. 1,2,5 pictures and 3 videos of men working out and more. These are not mine I know that, they might not but I don't say another word because I know for protocol reasons they have to go through it. We all stand there and watch. Nothing but exactly what people would think would be under this file. I was about to feel relieved when all of a sudden another image popped up under it. On the overview, it just has a ? on it. Before he clicks on it I say as quickly as possible, "Careful it might be a scam." Mateo looks at me and back at the computer.

"Considering I went through all the other files and found nothing, I am willing to take the risk of looking at this file." with that, I just nod and he clicks it open. All three of us holding our breaths waiting for the image to load. I'm screwed.

An image with different codes on it is nothing I have seen before. The title on top of the page is Bank Info. I'm staring with shock in my eyes. I can't even breathe or think or even retaliate. They give each other one final glance and all I can see in Mateo's eyes is victory and what he probably sees in mine is failure.

He is standing up and Grants is letting me go.

"Send this over to the office, Grant" while grabbing me from my wrists and putting on the handcuffs. "Aurora Sanchez you are under arrest for the security break-in of three different locations." he starts reading me my rights, But all I can think of is the fact that I was framed.

"I didn't do it. I was set up. I.." I said my voice getting quieter and quieter with the only one thought in my head.

I have no control and I lost.

Mateo takes me down through my apartment, the elevator, the back of a cop car. I can't even process what is happening before the door closes.

I lost.