Chapter 5 The Paradox

A terrible dream I had...it was a dark storm as I felt reality start to collapse, I ran as far as my legs could carry me as the world around me began to collapse. I found you with the others long dead but that didn't matter to me you were still my mother after all. "Get up...you have to get up Mom! Please I can't...live without you!" Suddenly she appeared the Watcher with her eyes shining like emeralds even through the thick shades she wore. She stretched out her hand to me and said something I wish I never forgot. "I have a deal that you will surely be interested in kid~"

Fate jolts up from her bed she was sweating profusely as she looked around confused she recognized where she was and immediately rushed out of the room to see she was in her grandmother's home, sliding down the rails of the stairs to find Reina speaking with an unfamiliar woman making her draw back but Reina spots her immediately. "It's okay kiddo this is a friend." The woman walks over as Fate sees the woman's horn and feels a little more at ease. "Hey kid, I'm Hinoka Kamui a friend of your grandma here, I'm just here to talk about finding your mother and bringing her back safe." Fate looks incredibly annoyed as Hinoka tries to pick her up. "Miss I'm 14." Hinoka panics and sets Fate down as Reina and Claire both laugh up a storm. "Enough of that you asses!" Reina looks to her right as the watcher appears in front of the chimney and the fire turns a sickly green-like bale flame.

"Now ladies don't get your hair into a twist now that Elbert has shown his hand and captured the wolves he has no choice but to attempt his final plan." "And what exactly is his final plan?" Watcher chuckles as if the answer is obvious. "He plans to awaken the lost Harbinger of the end using the cores and power the wolves have accumulated thus far!" All four of them look at her like a madwoman even though Claire knows she is right. "Even so how can we break into the Time Keepers fortress in the first place without causing a scene and scandal?" The watcher shows a few displays of the timekeeper base of operations as she smirks. "If only you had someone with insider info that works with him and skuld~" Suddenly Fate jumps up. "LET ME JOIN YOU!" "Not-" Watcher stops Reina as the Dragon matriarch growls. "I know how you feel about this but she is the key to winning this battle one of two." "And where is the second one?"

Akuma and Flax were busy getting scolded by the members of calamity after the stunt at the wedding by Willow and Zane as Crystal was busy trying to not lose her mind from boredom as she tried to punch a hole into the Spear of creation to of course no luck as she groans. "For fucks sake!" Hope pops her head up from her phone as she is in her spider-themed onesie and Crystal herself is in a onesie with book decals all over it. "Something wrong mother?" "No, I just wish I could work on something other than this stupid spear-" As she voices her complaints her mark surges with magic shocking the half-demon as she curses again. "Alright, you lousy lizard I'm working I'm working!" Suddenly a mini alert pops up on her tablet and she rolls over to check it. "Hmm, the detectors sensed a rouge portal? Ha like anyone could breach the great unknown-HOLY SHIT!" She sees The Watcher step out first along with her group and smacks the panic button. "We have a problem!"

<>
Elbert was busy setting everyone up at his console as Yuri was looking for their next exit and his next scheme as Bronya linked all their minds together. "Yuri, do you have a plan for this guy?" Hideko asks as she moves her head in Elbert's general direction, they are standing on a bridge just above the reactor that is now starting to crackle to life below them as Yuri notices what look to be tubes but... people-sized. "Need a bit more time for a scheme, especially with these cuffs on us." "I can break them with ease if I go full dragon mode-" "That's a big if Seraphim we can't take risks like that when they have guns on us." Soma cuts Seraphim off making the half dragon growl. "I know you all are plotting so stop that before I make an example out of you." Soma steps forward trying to reason with him. "This insane endeavor couldn't possibly work you know that I'm sure!? Even if we could supply the power necessary think of the ramifications of opening a portal like this!? Right Bronya, Hideko!?" Bronya crunches the numbers in her head and agrees. "Yes, a portal this size could destabilize reality let alone pull some- SILENCE I DIDN'T ASK FOR YOUR OPINION!" A wave of shards is launched at them as Soma's spirit blocks the attack losing her cuffs.