Chapter 2 Never ending obsession

An empty void a never-ending reminder of the defeat the world serpent suffered at the hands of HIS people. The large beast looks at Elbert as he stands in place with his cane before lowering to his height.
"Don't worry this plan will succeed and we will free you this time my serpent." The beast growls as it slams its tail down and fires a blast of magic into the air to let off its anger. "AGES PAST I HAVE BEEN TRAPPED IN THIS DAMN SPEAR! You had a chance to free me and yet you stood by and let those fools ruin it!" The world serpent goes back to glaring at Elbert giving him a chance to explain himself as he starts sweating bullets. "It was a necessary move to ensure my cover Jormungandr! If I didn't stand by then my allegiance would have been clear!- GAHH!" An overwhelming aura pushes him into the ground as the serpent transforms into a human form the now woman walks over and picks up Elbert by his hair. "You serve me Elbert that is point blank and clear if you and the other fail me once again I will personally make sure you never see the light of day again and join your people in the grave!" She tosses Elbert as he wakes up in his base.

Elbert jolts up and looks at a mirror as his entire body shakes with fear before he punches the mirror shattering it. "I won't be made a fool of again!" He sighs as he looks at an old photo and picks it up. "Only a bit more time that's all I need then I can bring you back my love..." he places the picture down as it has a younger Elbert and multiple other people from his past. He grabs his cane and heads deeper into the facility as he enters a spiraling reactor the low hum is a comfort that he had long forgotten in all his years of living. He reaches the main console and monitors his progress seeing the remaining cores he has to collect but then suddenly an alert pops up.

"one of the cores in Rendfall being disturbed? By who!?" He brings up one of the camera feeds as he sees two blurry figures approaching the core's location he grits his teeth and opens a portal to stop them in their tracks. At the same time, Hideko was carefully guiding Bronya through one of her dreams as she was sleepwalking. "This place is filled with untapped mana and life a shame it would take is forever to explore all of this carcass." As they both step forward further the ground rumbles hard and crumbles underneath them both. "Godverdomme! (Gods Dammit!)"  Hideko's wings pop out as she grabs Bronya and she tries to soften the landing.

Bronya drifts through her memories as she goes through everything that happened over the past 4 years all the battles all the hardships but most of all the new bonds she formed with her..."family" Bronya stands in front of a Silver haired woman with crimson eyes...face to face with the Ice witch that started all of this. "You seem...angry." Ymir coyly tilts her head as Bronya squints at her. "Angry...definitely could describe what the Bronya is feeling right now!" Bronya points at Ymir as the ice witch glides over to her fellow witch. "How can you be mad at me when I'm the victim here!" Bronya brought out her fleet of drones but they all soon were frozen to a complete stop by Ymir. "How are you even a victim? Who even are you!? I have had to search for literal years! With Yvetal calling me you for whatever reason! Turns out I'm you!" Bronya was enraged she could finally put a word on her feelings and she felt good yelling at someone as Ymir stood there and listened to her confusing Bronya greatly.

"Why are you just standing there?"
"Because you are finally letting out your feelings." Bronya holds her head as Ymir offers her a chair to sit on setting her down as she makes a whole table set for them both. "Bronya Zihark you were found by the sea and were treated as a child of apocalypse by your kind grandfather." As Ymir tells Bronya her backstory she just listens as she feels a...familial feeling from the Ice witch it feels...warm like a bonfire was lit in her heart which only one person was able to do...
Hideko got up dusted herself off and looked around she saw they were in a catacomb with stone walls and floors she felt something pulling her forward but before she did she knelt to try and wake up Bronya once that failed she picked up and kept Bronya on her back with her magic as she moves forward.