chap 5 ♡

ʟᴜꜱᴛ/lʌst/ɴᴏᴜɴ

ʟᴜꜱᴛ/lʌst/ɴᴏᴜɴ

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴅᴇꜱɪʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ.⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

~~

Indiya arrived home with a sense of relief flooding through her. After a long day of school, the comfort of her own space was like a warm embrace. As she stepped through the doorway, the familiar scent of her favorite candle filled the air, instantly calming her mind. Dropping her backpack by the door, she kicked off her shoes and padded into the cozy living room, greeted by the soft glow of the evening sunlight streaming through the curtains. With a contented sigh, she settled onto the plush sofa, a soft sight leaving her mouth.

"Aren't you supposed to be somewhere?" Her brother said walking into the living room. "How do you know, you werent at school today?" Indiya said glancing at her brother in confusion. "Matt messaged me ab that shit." he said as he sat on the sofa opposite to her and turned on the tv. "You dont always have to swear you know." She said as she hopped of the sofa."Fuck off." Kai said seemingly too focused on the tv to care about what his sister had to say. Indiya didnt feel like starting a silly arguement with her brother so she just left it at that.

She made her way towards her room with a serene smile gracing her lips. The evening sun seeped through her bedroom curtains, casting a gentle warmth upon her as she walked. As she reached her destination, she paused for a moment to admire the simplicity of her sanctuary, filled with cherished trinkets and memories. With a sense of calm enveloping her, she slipped into the bathroom, the sound of running water soon filling the air. Stepping into the shower, she let the soothing sensation wash over her, cleansing both her body and spirit, readying her for the overwhelming party she was going to attend.

Indiya stood before her mirror, her reflection illuminated by the soft glow of fairy lights adorning her bedroom walls. With each brushstroke, her pure essence seemed to shine brighter, her innocence lending an ethereal quality to her appearance. She delicately applied a touch of lip gloss, the subtle pink hue complementing her rosy cheeks.

Her eyes sparkled with anticipation as she carefully selected a dress, its flowing fabric accentuating her graceful movements. With each twirl and adjustment, she transformed into a vision of purity and elegance, a true embodiment of her inner radiance.

(Her Dress)

~~

Indiya's phone buzzed with a message from Kez, With a smile, she answered the call, her voice filled with excitement. "Indiya, girl please tell me you're nearly ready? Kez's cheerful tone resonated through the line. "Almost there," Indiya replied, a hint of uneasyness evident in her voice as she put the finishing touches on her outfit. "I just need a few more minutes." she uttered. "Well you should hurry ill be their in 5" Kez said before ending the call.

She descended the staircase with a lightness in her step, her mind slightly regretting agreeing to go to the party. She was never good with people. As she reached the bottom, she could hear the muffled sounds of voices coming from the living room. It must be the TV, she thought. She slipped on her shoes, feeling the coolness of the floor beneath her feet. Stepping outside, she was greeted by the gentle evening breeze, a refreshing embrace after the warmth of her home. Leaning against the railing, she scanned the street, awaiting the sight of Kez's car pulling up.

As Indiya stood on the street outside her house, her anticipation peaked when she spotted Kez's car approaching. With a joyful smile, she waved as Kez pulled up beside her. The familiar sound of the car door opening filled the air, and Kez emerged with an infectious grin. "Hey, gorgeous!" Kez exclaimed, her excitement clearly visible. Indiya returned the greeting with equal enthusiasm "Hiii!"

"You exited?" Kez asked as she revved up the car and began to drive. "Not really, i wont know anyone there other than you." Indiya said twiddling with her fingers. "Girl dont you worry , you'll be aight." her friend said reassuring her. "Now, this car ride needs music!" Kez said enthusiastically. Living Room Flow by Jhené Aiko began playing and Kez sang her heart out the whole ride.

Kez and Indiya arrived at the party, Kez's exitement bubbling as both girls stepped out of her car. The pulsating beat of music filled the air, mingling with the chatter and laughter of all the sweaty and drunk teenagers gathered. Linked arm in arm, they made their way towards the entrance, their anticipation building with each step.

Indiya hesitated at the entrance of the bustling party, her timid nature overshadowing her excitement. Beside her, Kez exuded confidence, her outgoing personality a stark contrast to Indiya's reserved demeanor. Sensing her friend's unease, Kez gently squeezed Indiya's hand, offering a reassuring smile. "Come on girl, let's dive in together," she encouraged, her voice filled with warmth and understanding. With Kez's support, Indiya took a deep breath. As they stepped inside, the energy of the party enveloped them, washing over them like a wave of euphoria.

Please Vote and Comment <3