Chapter 21: For The Sake Of Our Loved Ones

A/N: SUPER LONG CHAPTER AHEAD! I haven't written a chapter this long in a while, and surprisingly don't feel too burned out. I don't know if its because Season 3 is here, but I'm feeling motivated to write for this story and I wanna do my best for it. I hope you guys enjoy this one, this took me a while to complete, and I'll see you next time. Bye!

The Next Day, Sunset

It had been a long while since the attack on Tempest had begun and ever since the strange barriers came up and surrounded the perimeter of Tempest, those who were outside were not able to break through and were forced to fend off any human knight enemies that they encountered. Souei and a few others that were with him managed to escape into the caves where Vesta and Gabiru were cultivating healing potions and were tending to themselves and wondering about their next course of action in terms of getting back inside the city. Gabiru stood with them holding his spear in hand while Souka and the others that were under Souei's command were treating their leader's wounds.

"I shall break through it with my attack!" Gabiru suggested as Souei disagreed.

"No, I'll go one more time." Souei said as Gabiru was also in disagreement with this due to Souei's condition.

While they were debating on their course of action, there was a strange noise and light from a bit further in the cave and they turned to see the teleportation stone that was set up inside had begun to activate. A few moments after it had been activated, Rimuru in his slime form who was riding atop of Ranga had appeared, much to their joy and relief.

"Oh! Great Rimuru!" Gabiru exclaimed with joy of seeing one of his leaders as Ranga rushed himself and Rimuru over as they all took a knee in front of him.

"Great Rimuru, I am glad to see you are safe." Souei said with a hint of relief towards his leader.

"Yeah...Wait! What about you, Souei?! You look a lot worse off than me!" Rimuru said with great concern as he stared at the battered Kijin ninja as blood stained his right shoulder.

"This is nothing of consequence." Souei tried reassuring him as Vesta came running around the corner with a health potion in his hands.

"Ah, you're here, Great Rimuru!" Vesta said in acknowledgement of the Slime leader before kneeling next to Souei and pulling the cork off the healing potion. "Here, drink this." He insisted as Souei took the potion and drank up, instantly recovering his energy and strength.

"What's going on in Tempest?" Rimuru asked in wonder of the situation.

"We aren't sure." Vesta said in equal confusion.

"I can't get in touch with my men who headed to town! I'm so worried!" Gabiru said with despair lurking in his throat as Rimuru saw him holding a crystal ball, but no connection could be established to inside Tempest.

"I also can't sense Mai or the others..." Rimuru heard as he turned around to see Riza walking up to them.

"Riza, have you seen Y/N?" Rimuru asked her as the Rodan shook her head.

"Before the attack began, he left to the forest. Something appeared there that caused him to go and confront it, but he never came back. I am worried about my Lord..." Riza said with a heavy tone.

"We'll find him. He's not gonna be put down so easy." Rimuru said to her with reassurance as the Rodan nodded, taking up the hope she was given.

"It appears to be enclosed within a barrier." Vesta commented on the current situation Tempest was under.