Chapter 33: Making Peace With The Demon Lords

The Same Night, Minutes Before Clayman Revealed His Trump Card

"Rimuru...?" You muttered as your eyes suddenly turned bright blue and your power suddenly began leaking out, causing everyone to lose balance for a moment and stand in shock. "...You're angry?" You muttered before a growl escaped your throat and one of your eyes pulsed red.

"G-Great Y/N...?!" Benimaru could barely stay on his feet as your power further expanded, shocking everyone in the area.

"W-What's wrong...My Lord...?!" Mai pleaded to know what ailed you, but gasped in shock and worry as red sparks surged off your dorsal plates and they flashed red and blue while your body trembled seemingly with rage.

"Clayman..." You muttered as Benimaru was shocked when your dark blue aura suddenly shifted and a red violent aura mixed with the blue aura as your fangs were bared and one eye turned completely red with rage. "What have you done...?!" You growled as your power was too great for those around you to handle.

"Hahahaha...Yes, this is the way it should be. Let your anger take control. Don't pay any of these inferior lifeforms any mind. Take what you desire and destroy those who oppose your way of life!" Your alter ego's voice echoed in the back of your mind as his influence was pushing you further over the edge as your body trembled while black scales slowly began appearing around the edges of your face.

"Y/N..." You felt someone suddenly grab onto your right arm as you turned your head and looked down to see Mai clinging to you on her knees as your strength was nearly blowing her away. "Please...don't leave us again..." She said with a sad smile on her face as you realized with a shocked face that you were letting your anger take control once again.

In an instant, the violent red aura that swirled around you disappeared as your power calmed down to a warm and cool blue tone. Mai was able to relax as your hands and face returned to normal and you gently took hold of her hand to lift her off the floor. Mai stared up at you longingly as she gently caressed the side of your face that had a red eye, and gently glided her thumb under it as if she wiped it away and your eye returned to normal.

"I'm sorry..." You apologized while averting eye contact, but she just hugged you with a smile as she leaned her head against your chest.

"You have nothing to apologize for." Mai said as you were surprised, but couldn't help but feel warmth and joy from how Mai was with you.

"Ahem!" Yours and Mai's eyes shot open with embarrassment when you saw Riza staring at you two with her arms crossed and one of her brows raised.

"Oh, um...I'm okay, Riza. Mai was able to bring me back to my senses. Haha..." You laughed nervously as a pink hue was spreading across your cheeks.

"S-Sorry, I just got caught up in the moment and got worried about him...Ehehe..." Mai said while nervously rubbing her arms as she was slowly turning red in bashfulness.

"Jeez..." Riza sighed in exasperation while your other allies watched with awkward smiles on their faces. "Well, what happened? Why'd you suddenly get angry?" Riza asked as you seemed uneasy about something.

Play Song (Also Located In Header)
Title: ARISESolo Leveling Episode 12 OSTJinWoo Summoned Igris | EPIC VERSION
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveApCDZZqY

"It's Rimuru...I can feel him at his moment. He's angry." You said as they seemed concerned by this information.

"Do you have any idea as to why Great Rimuru would be angered?" Benimaru asked as you shook your head.