Chapter 3- Short stack

Elias

Chaotic was an understatement when talking about my morning, I woke up late, my car broke down on the side of the road so I had to call AAA and then when I finally got to school by third period I was in a pissy mood and to make my life even worse there was a short girl sitting in my seat.

"Move." I didn't have time for this shit.

"No" she bit back.

"It's my seat short stack, so move."

"What the fuck did you call me?"

"Short stack, is that a problem?"

"Yes and Ms. Stowe said I should sit here so I guess it's my seat"

"Emi who the fuck is this?" I turned to face the bubbly blonde girl who usually sat next to me. "Elias this is Skye, Skye this is Elias" she smiled at the smug looking girl.

"Nice to meet you asshole" she extended a hand, a sarcastic grin crossing her face.

"The pleasure is mine short stack" the brunette scowled, rolling her icy eyes. "Elias, the seat behind Skye is free, you can sit there." Emi cut in

"Gladly, thanks Emi" I retorted, thoroughly pissed off. After calculus lunch was also a living hell because it turns out Emi, Valerie and Ava have taken a liking to Skye and now she is sitting with us. Worst of all Xander, Theo and Keegan don't seem to mind her. All throughout lunch they ask her about why she came to Dayton and what she's interested in. She only gave a vague answer to the first question but babbled on and on about books and ballet.

"Wait, short stack you can read?"

"Yes I read" she retorts scrunching her nose

"What's your favourite book" I don't believe this girl for a second

"Pride and Prejudice" Fuck of course we like the same book

"Why"

"Enemies to lovers will always the best book trope"

"That's not a reason"

"Says who?"

"Guys stop, you need to get a room" Theo smirked making us look at him

"What" we say at the same time. "You need to get a room and stop eye-fucking each other" Theos grin widens as Skye recoils in disgust. "Is it too late to move back to Virginia?"

—--------------

"So Barclay, after school on Tuesdays we normally do some bonding shit and if nobody has objections I think you should come with" Keegan says during lunch the next day.

"I object" I say without much thought. "Too bad" Valerie chirps "She might even replace you Eli" she blows a kiss towards Skye who dramatically catches it Girls.
"Ignoring whatever the fuck just happened sure I'll go, but where?" Skye asks, looking happy to be included. "I was thinking of the lake" Xander pitched looking around hopefully, everyone mutters in agreement and plans are set.

—----------------------

After lunch Keegan and I make our way to creative writing but unbeknownst to me Skye was in that class and made a grand entrance by running into a table and than telling said table to 'Fuck off.' Cursing under her breath she makes our way over to where Keegan and I sit watching the scene unfold. "Quite the mouth you have on you short stack, would love to see what else you could do with it" I wink at her. She huffs plopping down at the circular table and grabbing out a macbook.

"How do you have the new macbook?" I question, "That shit cost like a small fortune."

"My grandparents are loaded. My grandpa used to play in the NHL," she explains. NHL who the fuck is this girl. "What is your grandpa's name?" "Clyde Barclay, why?" "Oh MY FUCKING GOD!" I scream "Keep it down" Keegan hisses "I love your grandpa" I whisper. "Is this coming out?" Keegan chuckled at his own joke. "Not like that I just like a huge fan of your grandpa can we forget that I've been a dick to you for like the past 48 hours" I feel the need to clarify "Is that an apology?" She cocks an eyebrow "Look Skye I'm sorry that I've been an ass to you. Can we start over?" I feel really bad now. It feels like bad luck to be an ass to the granddaughter of my idol. "Okay" "Okay?" "Yes" she confirms.

"Hi I'm Skye it nice to meet you" She greeted

"Hi short stack I'm Elias" I grin at her. She groans, sliding a hand down her face.

"Good enough"

A/N: How are you beautiful people today? found this on pinterest