Chapter 1: Art of the Entrance

Opening theme songs: Shitai bakkushito (4:50) (Branded to Kill 1967 by Naozumi Yamamoto)

Le Samourai theme song by François de Roubaix

The scene opens up with two men in the backseat of the 1960 Mercedes-Benz 220 S [W111]: one young and bespectacled on the right, the other old and graying on the left.

Glasses Man: Care to hear a story, gramps?

Old Man: Only if it has a happy ending.

Glasses Man: My stories always have a happy ending. It began last night, in Dr. Ouki's mansion... Teitou University. The old gent was throwing one hell of a party. All the while...

Flashback to last night when the stories concern Teitou Univeristy's Dr. Ouki, a world-renowned inventor and father of two daughters. The mansion is located by the hills filled with trees. Inside the mansion is a group of young people (mostly university students) dancing to The Doors's Light My Fire as lights flashed in the room.

Among the guests is Andrew Hoshino, wearing a blue summer shirt and gray pants under the alias Julien Michaud. He sat by the bar alone, drinking a martini from the wine glass. Someone taps him on the shoulder and he turns to the right to see a blonde woman in green dress.

Green Dress Woman: Hey handsome.

Andrew (Julien): Hello, miss.

Green Dress Woman: (sat beside him) Enjoying the party?

Andrew (Julien): I love it. This place is amazing. Didn't know the professor had a lot of collections.

Green Dress Woman: He is the world's famous inventor and he has a lot of money.

Andrew (Julien): He truly is a genius in the work industry.

Green Dress Woman: (takes out her cigarette from her purse and puts it in her mouth) An amazing genius. (tries to light it up) Come on, come on.

Andrew lit her cigarette with his lighter and lit up his as well.

Green Dress Woman: Thanks. (takes a drag) What's your name, cutie?