05. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦

"Why does Stefan need us to meet him at his house?" Amelia asked as Elena drove out of her apartment complex. A few days had passed since the two girls were kidnapped, and Amelia was still shaken up by the whole experience.

"Stefan called and said it was important." Elena answered with worry running through her words as she continued to drive to the Salvatore house. The silence in the car grew as the doppelgänger continued to drive to the boarding house. Amelia's mind raced with ideas of what could be so important that the Salvatore brothers needed to meet with the two girls and not a single thought Amelia had was good.

Finally the two arrived to the Salvatore house, and as Amelia stepped out of the car, she was in awe at the size of the mansion. "This place is huge." Amelia whispered as her gaze was fixated on the house, she had never seen anything like it.

"Yeah, it is." Elena agreed before she walked up to the front door. Amelia knocked herself out of her trance and followed Elena up to the front door. The Gilbert knocked on the front door, and the two girls waited for the door to open.

"Hello, Elena." The eldest Salvatore brother smiled at Elena before turning his head towards Amelia. "Hey, Amelia." He smirked as he looked the Fell up and down. Amelia rolled her eyes at the raven haired vampire.

"Is Stefan here? He called. He said it was important." Elena asked with no emotions behind her words.

"Right this way." Damon motioned his arm for Elena to come inside the house. Elena walked inside the house, and so did Amelia, but Damon stopped her. "Amelia, I must say, you look gorgeous today." Damon smirked at Amelia as she stood right in front of him.

Amelia rolled her eyes yet again at the Salvatore brother. "Damon, please. Anyone with eyes could tell you're in love with Elena." She smirked as she saw the look on Damon's face drop. The brunette walked past Damon and into the living room. Stefan, Elena, and Rose were all in the room, and Rose was in a frantic state. "What's going on?" Amelia asked as she took a seat on the couch next to Elena.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know is real." Rose explained as she paced back and forth, fear evident in her words.

"Who is he?" Elena questioned.

"He's on of the originals, he's a legend." Damon answered.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan added to Damon's answer.

"Like Elijah?" Elena questioned before Amelia could ask the same exact question.

"No Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier, Klaus is the real deal." Rose answered as fear washed over Amelia's body.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest."

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena asked as a slight sense of fear could be heard through her words. Amelia looked at Elena with worry in her eyes.

"Yes." Rose answered.

"No." Stefan argued, not wanting to scared Elena.

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true...." Damon tried to give his input, but he was not helping whatsoever.

"Which it is." Rose promised.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Damon said, earning a glare from his younger brother.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows you exist." Stefan said, hoping to ease the Gilbert's worry.