03. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦

Amelia stood on the porch of the Gilbert house. Her older sister had told her about Jenna's accident, and wanted to stop by to make sure everything was okay. The younger Fell sister knocked on the front door. "Elena! Hey, I heard about Jenna and I wanted to stop by to make sure everything's okay." Amelia smiled towards her best friend.

"Come inside and let me explain everything to you." Elena waved her arm for Amelia to enter the house. The human doppelgänger pointed to the stairs, indicating for Amelia to follow her up to her room. "I know you just found out about vampires and all, but there's more to it." Elena began to explain as the two took a seat on the bed. "There's a vampire in town named Katherine, and she looks just like me."

"You weren't at the grill earlier, were you?" Amelia asked as she remembered seeing who she thought was Elena talking to Caroline at the grill earlier in the day.

"No, I wasn't." Elena shook her head. "She's not someone to mess with, Amelia. She caused Jenna to stab herself."

"How did she make Jenna do that? And why would she do that?" Amelia asked as worry washed over her whole body.

"Vampires can compel people, that's why I need you to wear this at all times." Elena reached over to her bedside table and grabbed a bracelet. "And she did this to Jenna because Stefan and I didn't listen to her. We went behind her back, even when she told us there would be consequences." She handed the bracelet to Amelia. "It has an herb called vervain in it, it protects you from being compelled." Amelia nodded as she slipped the bracelet onto her wrist. "How are you handling all of this?"

"My parents told me stories about vampires, and for some reason, I always thought they were real." Amelia began to answer. "I always thought Mystic Falls was some boring place, but boy was I proven wrong." Amelia let a dry laugh fall from her lips.

"You're taking it very well." Elena applauded the brunette sitting next to her.

"Yeah, I guess so." Amelia laughed. "But are you going to the masquerade thing that the Lockwood's are hosting tonight?"

"No, I'm going to stay here with Jenna and I think Alaric is going to come over." Elena answered as she stood up from the bed. "Are you?"

"No, I was hoping I could just hang out here?" Amelia smiled at Elena as she also stood up. "Meredith is doing an emergency surgery over night, and I really don't want to be alone."

"Of course you can stay." Elena smiled as the two began to walk down the stairs. "Do you need anything, aunt Jenna?" Elena called out as the two girls entered the living room.

"No, I'm okay right now." Jenna groaned as she laid on the couch. "Hi, Amelia." The woman smiled.

"Hey, Jenna. I thought I'd come over and see how you were doing." Amelia smiled back as she walked further into the living room. "Oh my god! Matt?" The younger Fell smiled at the blonde.

"Amelia! Hey!" Matt smiled as he stood up from the chair and walked over to the brunette. "I've been meaning to come over to your place and say hey, but work has been crazy recently." Matt wrapped his arms around Amelia. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing okay. How are you?" Amelia asked as she removed herself from Matt's embrace.

"I'm alright."

Elena, Amelia, Matt, and Jenna all sat in the living room, reminiscing on old memories. Between the memories of multiple hang outs, awkward first kisses, and the weekends they spent at Elena's lake house, Amelia realized how much she actually missed the town of Mystic Falls and her friends. "Whatever Amelia, your first kiss was Tyler Lockwood." Elena managed to say through her laughs.