Chapter 5: End of the Lionheart

Six months have passed as Deirdre had recently given birth to Seliph. Jessica was taking care of Seliph as Deirdre was resting. Seliph babbles.

"Awww you're such an adorable baby, Seliph." Jessica said.

Shannan and Oifey were helping out Jessica.

Oifey said, "Miss Jessica seems so happy to be with Lord Seliph."

Shannan nods, "Yeah. I wonder why."

"Once this fighting is over, you should meet your cousin Altena," Jessica said.

A man walks towards her.

"You're Miss Jessica, right? I'm Beowolf, a mercenary. I was hired by Lord Sigurd." Beowolf said.

Jessica nods, "Welcome to the army, Beowolf."

Beowolf nods, "Thanks. I better meet up with the others."

Beowolf left the castle.

Days later

News of Madino Castle being seized reached Agusti. Jessica saw Deirdre was leaving the castle to head towards Madino.

"Lady Deirdre, wait!" Jessica shouted as she ran after Deirdre, "Shannan watch over Seliph."

Shannan nods. Jessica ran as fast as she could. Jessica saw a hooded man and Deirdre was trying to get away from him.

"Who are you?!" Jessica shouted.

Deirdre said, "Jessica, stay back, he's dangerous. Promise me that you raise Seliph as your own son."

Jessica nods, "I promise."

The man spoke, "I'm not letting you get in the way of letting me take Cigyun's daughter."

Jessica draws out her sword and charges at the man. Jessica slashes but misses.

"Foolish..." The man said as he cast his magic at Jessica.

Jessica holds her stomach as she falls to her knees. Deirdre runs towards Jessica.

"Jessica, are you okay?!" Deirdre asked as she was worried about her friend.

Jessica gets up with the help of her own sword. Jessica saw Shannan running towards them, with a sword in his hand and slashing the man. Shannan gets thrown to the side as he hits a wall. Jessica noticed that Shannan Shannan passed out on impact. Jessica tries to move but she can't.

I'm paralyzed... How?!

Jessica noticed that the man was casting some kind of magic to make her fall asleep. Jessica's eyes started to become heavy.

Hours Later

When she came to, Jessica saw Sigurd shaking her.

Sigurd said, "Oh thank the gods above."

Jessica sits up. Jessica looks around.

"Deirdre..." Jessica mutters.

Sigurd hugs her, "It's alright. Shannan told us what happened. It's neither of you guys' fault."

Jessica hugs back and starts crying on Sigurd's chest. Sigurd holds her close.

Later at night

Jessica was taking care of Seliph. Jessica puts him down on his crib and leaves the room. Jessica wanted to go to the local tavern. Jessica walks towards Sigurd's room and notices the door is open. Jessica peeks in.

"Lord Sigurd?" Jessica asked.

Sigurd was looking a bit down. Jessica felt someone pushed her inside. Jessica turns around and sees Lewyn.