Chapter 4: The Dragon Sage's song

Days later after Sigurd's and Deirdre's wedding, Jessica was talking to Azelle.

"Azelle, do you know what happened to the people who burned my mother?" Jessica asked.

Azelle said, "Brother had them all imprisoned."

"I see..." Jessica spoke in a soft tone.

Jessica's right hand was shaking as she still remembers the day her mother died.

Flashback, Velthomer

A few people were gathering around. A 7 year old Jessica was held back by two men as her mother was tied up . Tears were falling from Jessica's eyes as she was crying.

"Mama! Leave Mama alone!" Jessica shouted.

Jessica's mother looks at her.

"Keep on living, my beautiful daughter," She said.

They started a fire under Jessica's mother. Jessica looks away and covers her ears so she couldn't hear her mother's screams of agony.

"That girl is related to Loptous! She's the Beast of Ruin! Burn her!" Someone suggested.

Arvis' voice was heard, "Let Jessica go!"

The two men who were holding Jessica, suddenly let her go. Jessica saw Arvis with Azelle. Arvis and Azelle suddenly grab her hands and help her flee.

End of the Flashback

Azelle holds her right hand. "Jessica... You were thinking about that day, right?"

Jessica nods. Azelle pulls her into a hug. Jessica hugs back.

"It's going to be okay, Jessica," Azelle said.

Jessica holds Azelle tightly, not wanting to let go. Azelle pats her back.

Deirdre walks towards them, "Jessica, can I speak to you privately?"

Jessica nods, "Of course Lady Deirdre."

Azelle and Jessica let go of each other. Jessica and Deirdre walk away.

In a Different Room

Deirdre and Jessica walk in. Deirdre was holding a Thoron tome.

"I want to give you this. Long before you guys arrived at Verdane. A mysterious man gave it to me." Deirdre said.

Flashback, Spirit Forest

A hooded man walks through the Spirit Forest. People were a bit skeptical about him.

"I'm Terramos, the Dragon Sage. I'm looking for someone of Maera descent," Terramos says as he removes his hoodie.

His brown eyes scan around. He fixes his once dark brown hair which started to turn gray. Terramos' face had some scales on it.

"Someone get Deirdre," Someone said.

Minutes later, Deirdre walks towards him.

"I'm Deirdre," Deirdre said.

Terramos gave her a Thoron tome, "Give this to my granddaughter once you see her."

Deirdre nods, "I will."

Terramos nods. Terramos puts his hood back on. He said farewell to everyone before leaving to head back to the Aed Shrine.

End of Flashback

Deirdre hands the tome to Jessica. Jessica smiles.

"Thank you." Jessica said.

Deirdre nods.