Chapter 2: Bloodlines Intertwine

Nighttime

Jessica was sleeping in her room, after a long day of fighting in the arena. Jessica suddenly woke up from a nightmare. Jessica was breathing heavily. Sweat drips from her face.

"Calm down, it's just a nightmare..." She mutters to herself, trying to calm down.

Jessica saw Oifey walk in.

Oifey asked, "Are you alright, Miss Jessica?"

"Not really. I had a nightmare."

Oifey walks towards her and sits down on the bed.

"Do you want me to get anyone?" He asked.

Jessica shakes her head, "No thanks."

Oifey nods, "I understand. I'll stay here with you."

Jessica smiles.

"Thank you, Oifey." Jessica said.

The Next Day

Jessica patrolling around outside of Evans Castle. Jessica stops her horse as she takes a deep breath.

"Verdane is beautiful. Why did Verdane attack? Why did they take Edain?" Jessica asks herself.

Jessica continues patrolling around. Jessica saw Azelle walking towards her.

"Hey Jessica." Azelle said.

Jessica stops her horse by pulling on the reins.

Jessica said, "Hey Azelle."

"Want to head towards the market with me?" Azelle asked.

Jessica smiles and nods.

Several Minutes Later

Jessica and Azelle were walking through the market. One of the vendors noticed Jessica's ears.

"AHHHH! It's the Beast of Ruin!" The vendor shouted, "She's a monster!"

Azelle looks at Jessica.

Jessica mumbles, "Shut up..."

Azelle noticed how everyone else was panicking.

"That's enough! She's not a monster!" A male voice was heard.

Jessica and Azelle turned around to see Eldigan.

"Lord Eldigan..." Jessica mumbles.

Eldigan shouted, "I just was about to leave after speaking with Sigurd and this is how you treat people?! Unbelievable! All of you should be ashamed of yourselves!"

The people at the marketplace looked away in shame.

"Eldigan, please, it's fine. It doesn't bother me like it used to anymore," Jessica said.

Eldigan shakes his head, "I'm not tolerating this."

Jessica sighs. Azelle puts his hand on her shoulder.

"Let's just buy some supplies and head back," Azelle said.

Jessica nods. Eldigan said his farewells to Jessica and Azelle before heading back to Nordion. Jessica and Azelle continue shopping without any problems.

Genoa Castle

Prince Cimbaeth was looking towards Evans Castle as he growled.

"Those damn Grannvaleans..." Cimbaeth growls.

A woman's voice was heard behind Cimbaeth, "So what are you going to do about it?"

Cimbaeth smirks, "I'm going to charge in and take back Evans while you guard, Ayra. If you dare cross us, I'll take the brat's head."