Uncovered

"This is absolutely not a good idea" Tyler exclaimed setting his now empty glass down on his father's desk a little to hard.

Feeling the glass shatter in his hands he groaned, then let out a sigh. Bonnie didn't budge, she just crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at the father of her children. The full moon was tomorrow, so she would never hold it against him.

"How could you agree to this?" He shook his head letting out a sigh. "Why tonight?"

Bonnie reached across the desk and took the bottle from beside Tyler and put the cover back on it. Letting out her own sign she moved to clean up the shattered glass from the desk.

"Tyler, you knew we were going to do this eventually. Come on, you have known Elena as long as you have me. Your fathers were best friends once upon a time. She has missed you."  Bonnie said  giving him a sympathetic look.

"Bon, I can clean this" he said grabbing her hands gently. His tone was soft. He knew she was right. There was even a period of time that the three of them, plus Matt were pretty inseparable.

Bonnie glanced down at there hands she didn't want to pull away, but she would have to. Tyler's eyes followed hers to their hands, and he immediately let go, beating her to it. With a sigh his eyes found Bonnie. But only for a moment.

"Look, I know, but can't we have supper without Damon, he tried to kill us both, on more than one occasion. Bonnie, literally killed me. If  I hadn't been protected that night under the siren... I wouldn't be here right now. Our children wouldn't have a father."

"Okay I know, but he's not the same Damon we first met, and he's felt extremely guilty since then, he even had dreams of you... besides he's not even a vampire anymore."

"All the more reason to just leave them alone, they aren't supernatural anymore, why bring them into supernatural stuff." Tyler said moving around the front of the desk to sit on the edge of it.

"Tyler..." Bonnie started. Giving him a look he had grown to know far too well. The one that said I could take you with just a wave of her hand, or a word.

One of her eyebrows would raise ever so slightly, and shed stare you down. Her arms would cross, and she would put all her weight on one foot, causing her hip to stick out ever so slightly. Her lips would pucker, not in a fun way but in a way that still made him want to kiss her... wait what. No. Tyler had to shake that thought from his mind.

Tyler cleared the thought and stood from leaning on the desk. They now stood almost chest to chest, and his eyes fell onto her lips again.

Bonnie didn't budge, she continues to stare him down. When Tyler started to lean down, she thought he might kiss her, and part of her wanted him too, but he stopped himself.

Clearing his throat and swallowing Tyler stepped back so the back of his legs were touching the desk. Bonnie looked away, her eyes falling onto the couch, but that just reminded her of one of their more intimate moments so she looked down to the floor instead.

"Fine." He finally said, "but we are not telling them about our children's special gifts. I won't budge on that, the kids have been using them far too much since we got here." 

"Okay, I will agree to that." Bonnie said holding out her hand in agreement. "Only your mother and Gram seem to be here anyways."

Tyler looked down at Bonnie's hand then took a step towards her, despite the want to make her body his own again, and reached for her hand. When his hand touched hers, the desire got stronger. He had to kiss her. Why was that his feeling lately.

Tyler pulled Bonnie by the hand closer to him so their bodies touched. Bonnie didn't even try to stop him, she wasn't even sure why, the feel of his body against hers some how made her feel safer. Which made no sense, because over the years that hadn't always been the case.