Chapter 7

When I woke up again the bed was empty, I stretched and sat on the edge, without thinking I walked out of the room, looking for the kitchen. The delicious smell of pancakes and bacon hit my nose, when I reached the living room.

"Morning, how did you sleep?", he asked.

"Great.", I hugged him from behind, placing my head on his shoulder.

"Did I miss something? Or why are you so touchy?", he turned around, wrapping his arms around me.

"Just happy."

"What about feeling guilty?"

"Don't ruin it.", I placed my hands on his neck and kissed him.

He pressed me against the counter, holding me close, before he picked me up and sat me on the counter.

"You're stupid.", I smiled.

"And you're pretty."

He took a bit of the bacon and put it in my mouth, I just looked into his eyes, and got lost in them. Thousand thoughts running through my head, for the first time in ages I felt the desire to be loved.

"What are you thinking about?", he woke me up from my dream.

"Nothing important.", I smiled.

"If you say so.", he shrugged and finished cooking.

We ate in silence, but Sarah was back in my thoughts, making me feel guilty and nasty. I felt my pulse rising and my breathing getting heavier.

"Hey! Sh! Breathe I'm here. Everything is okay.", I heard him say.

He kneeled down beside me, hugging me. I slowly looked at him nodding.

"It's getting better again, thanks.", I tried to stand up, but my legs were weak. I stumbled into his arms, just hugging him.

"Are you having these all the time?"

"If everything gets too much, yes."

"Since when?"

"8 years."

"And no one tried to do something about it?"

"My family doesn't know, I never told them.", he just looked at me and nodded.

"I like you.", I whispered barely hearable.

"I like you, too.", he kissed my cheek.

"What are we doing here?"

"I don't know, but it's too good to stop it."

"Why is love so complicated...."

"I wish I knew an answer to that."

"I think I should go back home; they probably wonder where I am."

"Okay, we should do that again."

"The game night or the sleepover?"

"If it won't give you another panic attack when I say just the sleepover."

"I think I can handle it.", I kissed him again before I got dressed and left.