3: Cerise Lights

(please leave some votes so that I can know that people are actually interested in this and I am not posting things with no one to read TT)

-

Hongjoong was sprawled on the grassland as San patiently sat beside him, investigating his nails for any sort of grime. "I am telling you again, this is not something you should focus on."

San glared, "just tell me, I don't care if it's important for me or not."

"Fine." Hongjoong growled in his palms, rolling over on his stomach. "Envy is in love."

One word and San was on top of Hongjoong, gripping his shoulders with inhuman strength and shaking him. "What!"

"Can you stop hurting me every time I say something? Get off me." Hongjoong retorted, attempting to flounder away from San.

The other pouted, feigning dolent eyes at Hongjoong before innocuously getting off Hongjoong and sitting down beside him. He looked like a kitten, with big eyes, or more like a devil disguised as an angel.

Had it been a sole human instead of hongjoong, he would have been captivated by the fox that San was.

"Lord found it and he punished him severely." Hongjoong ended shortly, scrutinizing his own black chipped nails.

"And...?" San waited anticipatedly, eyes brimming with elation.

Why was he exhilarated to know?

"That's it." Hongjoong said, ambivalent about the whole situation. He couldn't quite grasp on the things San had in his mind. Had he followed Hongjoong all the way to hell just to know what had happened between him and Envy?

"Hah! Poor peasant." San snickered, mocking sardonically. "But you didn't tell me the whole thing? Elaborate." He ordered, like a king on a throne.

"Why should I? You wanted to know one thing and therefore I told you." Hongjoong bit out, mumbling soft words to himself in a daze.

"No, no, you don't have a say in this. Tell me." San dissented, precisely plucking out the grass hair and flashing aureate eyes at Hongjoong in a diabolic way.

"I refuse. You can't order me around like I work for you. I don't, you can know the rest from someone else, there were literal servants there. You can go and order them around, not me." Hongjoong decisively said.

San was furious, fingers viciously plucking grass. "You have fights with everyone you pass through, isn't that tiring? Now I know why they hate you."

Hongjoong didn't want to argue, "Thanks for not lying to me and sugar-coating your words." A small smile formed on his lips, oddly calm. "I will leave now."

He was walking away before San could declare more ruthless words.

Life was prejudiced, like an apteryx bird with no feathers settling in Hongjoong, and asking him for slices of his life he failed to muster.

The sun was sinking down the horizon, in a mourning hue of saffron. The mornings on earth are bittersweet, and nights oh so painstakingly alluring, but sunsets always reminded Hongjoong of a melancholy bride shedding tears for her dead husband.

It was like looking at a bouquet of cyclamens, lined beautifully together, held together by slackened ribbons. Like an unctuous lover admiring his wife, acutely knowing that they won't be having a future together.

Hongjoong didn't believe in love, as the fantasies of lovers never ending together petrified him. How they fall in the arms of death, weeping the loss of someone they cherished dearly.