Chapter-60

Chapter-60

Cherish's POV:

He kept the entire, I entire palace on their toes. Everyone is scared to approach him and is avoiding him like a plague.

He became cranky since he got injured. Seriously, maids are terrified of him. They don't even dare to look at him straight. He is hardly home for 3 days, and things have turned into a mess.

Riccardo's mother was changing the dressing on this forehead. He never let any other person touch him. He barely allows his mother to do the job.

And I can't count how many times he mentioned me not to come in front of him. I follow his mother so he will tolerate me around her.

But I have to....

I have to look after him.... I have made a choice to stick with him, even if he goes insane.

Riccardo hissed, he said to his mother, "Careful..."

His mother scolded him instead, "I know... I gave birth to you, not the other way around..... just sit still...."

I am getting a little annoyed by his stubbornness. Was he always this hard to handle. Or pregnancy is making me moody.

Riccardo's mother's phone rang. She picked it up as she got serious. She got up as said, "Ok... give me 5 minutes...."

She pulled the phone away from her ear as she whispered to me, "Dear, do the dressing... I have something urgent to do..."

I am a little stunned, though. She walked out, pulling the door closed. I looked at Riccardo, who was looking at me, not looking glaring at me.

He got up as he said, "No need... leave..."

He walked to the window, then opened a lighter, and he started smoking.

He smokes.... since when!!!

I got angry, knowing he was on meds and injured. He is acting like this.

I was getting beyond irritated. Riccardo said rude, "You still here... get out!!!"

That's it!!!

I have tried to tolerate this man enough!!

I walked to him, furious. I said to him, "Quit smoking..."

He ignored me as he blew out the smoke, I said again, "Do you hear me!!"

He looked at me as he asked, "You dare you order me!!...You-"

I pulled the cigar out of his mouth, and he was stunned, I threw it out of the window!

I hate it!

He turned me angry he was about to scream at me, but he did forget, he could not treat me like this!!!

I warned, "You are behaving like a 2 year old... Grow up, Mr. Valentine!!"

He was furious but stunned. I can tell that at least. He whispered, "How dare you!!! You are -"

I said back, "I don't care!! You are going to let me do my job, sit there, and let me fix your wound.... and if I see you smoking again, I am going to tell your mother... then you can handle her in peace!!"

He kept glaring at me silently, his fists were tight, I ordered him, "Go sit there..."

He just glared at me furious, he is not going to listen, is he?

5 minutes later, he was sitting on the bed, the whole time glaring at me as if he had gotten a chance to kill me, he would. But maybe because of his mother, he is all controlling.

I was sticking the dressing when I could feel his eyes looking at me. It does give me a shiver. I am now longing for any bit of his care.

But I don't see any in him. He feels like a stranger.

I moved back a little to see it I did a job properly or not.

I whispered, "It's done... see it take 5 minutes if you stay still..." I taunted him.

He grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to him. His other hand had a grip on my face, and he said, "Dare you show this attitude... and I will show hell you, Sara.... and you think you can threaten me?"

I felt something near my neck, I realized it was a knife. My eyes went wide. I whispered, "Ric -"

He smirked, saying, "I may be injured but not that weak to fail to see the changes around me... You all stop taking advantage of me!!! You will stop at your death!!!"

He won't hurt me.... my Riccardo can never hurt me... But he isn't my Riccardo anymore....

I said, "I am helping you... You know that..."

He smirked, then scoffed. He said, "Everyone is up for something they need... You are not a saint either...."

He will not understand, I said instead, "If you are so powerful then... a girl like me can not do much to you... Why are you so scared of me!!"

He fell silent. He left me on the bed harshly and walked out of the room, even though he was still slow with that. He didn't let a second walk out of there.

Did I fix the situation or make it difficult ?

Author's POV:

Riley smirked, and she poured the content of the pack in the juice. She whispered, "How sweet it would be if I can personally get rid of the one I hate most?"

She smiled, it can creep anyone out at that second. She looked at the maid as she said, "Make sure, Cherish dirks this...... then your new madam will reward you well...." The maid bowed, even if she was fearful, she agreed.

Riley whispered internally, "What if I failed once, Cherish? I have as many chances I can get now?.... He doesn't remember you, no one is protecting you..." She chuckled as if the satisfaction brought joy.

Riccardo's POV:

I touched the bandage on my forehead, I smirked as if I was love sick. He indeed am a love sick man.

I tried too hard not to break my performance, god knew it took me everything, not to lose it when I pulled her closer to me. I was waiting to kill her, I miss her so bad.

I wanted to embrace her, I didn't have a chance to look at her after the fire incident. I feel so horrible.

And the knife, it didn't have any capacity to cut. I am not a fool to threaten my wife with a dangerous knife.

I just want her to keep her distance with me, I know she might be worried for me. But.... I had already chosen this path.

But I was amazed to see her outburst. She's became so aggressive to make me agree to her conditions. I smirked. She really does care for me.