𝐎𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟓

"Baby can you help me with my tie?" Michael kindly asks you as he struggles to make the perfect knot

You took a pause in packing your bag to assist him. Gently re-tying the two ends of the fabric into a symmetrical knot that sits perfectly in between the neatly folded collar. You grab his black cropped blazer sitting on the bed and put it on him, fixing the white shoulder epaulets, the shawl lapels, and the little brooch that sat on his upper chest.

"Thank you baby." He smiled and kissed your cheek, letting you return to your packing.

"Where are we going anyway? You didn't bother to tell me." You asked him as you moved on to pack his small luggage.

"We're going to Australia." He told you as he handed you his clothes to pack for him. It was two blazers; one a plain teal, the other a black military jacket adorned with gold badges and stars on the chest pockets. Along with the blazers, there was a pair of slacks and two ties; one in a striking blue color, and the other a glittery black.

"Australia?" You repeated. "For what?"

"Remember that music catalog that comes with the Beatles music I kept telling ya about?" He asked you, walking into the bathroom to grab the toiletries.

"How could I forget? You wouldn't shut the hell up about it the moment you found out it was up for sale." You joked.

"Well, a part of the deal to get it was to go to Perth and show up on their telethon or something like that." He came out of the bathroom and gave you the toiletries.

"How long are we staying there for?"

"For 4 days." He said. You watch him grab the bags and follow him downstairs to the main doors where he handed them to Bill.

He gently takes hold of your hand, and guides you towards the waiting limo. He opens the door for you and gestures for you to step inside first before following you inside and settling in beside you.

The limo started moving and you continued your conversation with Michael.

"4 days is short."

"It's perfect in my eyes. The first day is just us getting there, 2 days of business, the last day I have no idea what to do, then we leave Tuesday morning."

"I think that last day could be a day for us." You suggested.

"And do what?"

"I thinking we could-"

You were interrupted by the limo door opening and the sound of a raspy grunt and a shake of the vehicle as Frank Dileo sat in the car. A thick cigar burned in his hand and he greeted Michael but he completely ignored your existence.

Michael turned back to you. "What were you about to say?"

"I was thinking we could walk on a remote beach together, go to an animal sanctuary to see the kangaroos and koalas, or even go on a little date at a restaurant, we haven't done that since we first started dating."