𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

𝐌𝐚𝐲, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟖

The soft, soothing breeze tenderly swept over the lush garden, delicately brushing against the intricately designed petals of the fully bloomed flowers, each one a masterpiece of nature's artistry

The soft, soothing breeze tenderly swept over the lush garden, delicately brushing against the intricately designed petals of the fully bloomed flowers, each one a masterpiece of nature's artistry. The garden was a spectacle of vibrant hues of warm colors and pristine whites, each shade and tone blending seamlessly into the other, creating a harmonious symphony of colors. The sun, with its brilliant radiance, enveloped the garden, illuminating every inch of its beauty, making it a magical and enchanting place to behold.

You sit comfortably on the smooth stoned pavement, your legs hang down the first level of small steps that travel outward from the Normandy-style mansion to the fields of mowed grass and fountains of water shooting into the fresh Santa Barbara air and landing back down forming therapeutic ripples in the lake they reserve in.

From behind, you hear scratching against the pavement increase in volume as they grow closer then coming to a stop by your side. You didn't have to look at who it was, the aura of his presence alone was distinct from everyone else to know it was your beloved husband.

"I was wondering where you had gone off to. Whatcha sitting out here for?" he asked as he strolled over and settled down beside you.

"Needed to give my legs a break from all that walking," you explained to him while adjusting your position.

"Well, do you like it?" he asked, gesturing toward the new home.

"I love it. It's so calm and quiet out here. Perfect for privacy," you replied, gazing at the serene surroundings.

"You're right, but I'll miss Hayvenhurst a bit," he confessed, shifting his gaze to the distance.

"Really?"

"Yeah, so many fun memories were created there. Like the time Lionel got scared of Muscles or the time you were meditating by the pool and I pushed ya in it." The two of you laugh at those memories. "But, it was time to move on from Hayvenhurst though I'll miss saying good morning to Mother every day and clowning 'round with Toya."

You rested your head against his shoulders as a sign of comfort. You understood how he felt. After Gary, Hayvenhurst was all he knew as a home. He created his music in that house, he practiced dancing in that house, and he spent a significant amount of his own money to renovate the property, far more than what his parents had invested in it. He was connected with the home more than any other sibling, as he watched each one of them find a partner and move away to create their own family. Now, it was Michael's turn to leave the nest.

You feel a gentle touch on your chin, and you look up to see Michael's loving gaze, filled with adoration. His fingertips lift your chin upwards, and his thumb caresses your cheek softly as if you were the most delicate flower. You feel a rush of emotions as he pulls you in for a passionate kiss, the first kiss since arriving at the ranch. As you break apart, he whispers softly, "But the best part of leaving Hayvenhurst is being able to focus on us."