𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟏𝟒, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒

"Goodnight everybody!" Michael shouted into the microphone

"Goodnight everybody!" Michael shouted into the microphone. The crowd erupted into a loud round of applause as the Jacksons took a deep bow, holding hands together in a display of unity. Their faces beaming with joy and satisfaction, they soaked in the adoration of their fans for a few moments before turning to run offstage. As they disappeared from view, the audience continued to cheer and applaud, their energy and excitement lingering in the air long after the final note of 'Shake Your Body' had faded away and the stadium lights turned back on.

Backstage, the brothers are given clean towels to pat off the sweat that drenched their faces and are sent straight to the limo. All five brothers sit together as they compliment each other's work and bloat about how great the show was but for Michael, he decided to sit in the far back of the limo, alone.

Michael Jackson, the most popular and biggest superstar in the world, a king many call him, was gone for the rest of the night. There was no stage for him until tomorrow. Now it was just Michael, the quiet young man who just wanted to be by himself and with his new wife who was all by herself in the hotel room.

As the sleek limousine pulled up in front of the hotel, a swarm of paparazzi immediately converged around it, flashing cameras and shouting questions. The Jacksons, accustomed to such attention for they had to deal with the nonsense for the past 2 days, remained composed and quickly exited the vehicle. They managed to make their way inside and headed straight for the elevator. Marlon reached out to press the button for the 16th floor, while Michael pressed the button for the 24th, the highest floor of the hotel.

The elevator ride was silent. The tension between the brothers and Michael was thick in the air. They were so confused and saddened as to why their own brother that they loved so much wanted to stay far away from them. It wasn't always that way. They were so close during the Triumph tour days and Michael would fool around with them every chance he got.

But good days don't last.

Michael, like his brothers, found himself with a woman of his own. He no longer had the time to spend with his brothers nor did he want to spend time with them. This change in his priorities led to a rift between them, as his brothers felt pushed to the side. Michael couldn't care less how they felt for they had done the same to him during the Motown days.

The elevator stopped at the 16th floor and the brothers got off, wishing Michael a good night and watching the elevator doors slide shut.

Finally, he reached the 24th floor and the doors opened with a soft chime. Stepping out onto the foyer, he was greeted with a sense of calm and quiet. The floor was completely silent, just as he had intended when he rented the entire floor out for privacy reasons. The only sound he could hear was the soft hum of the air conditioning system, which kept the temperature just right. The walls were painted a soothing shade of cream and the carpet was plush and soft under his feet.