CHAPTER EIGHT

Three months have gone by and Hendrix has really developed me. Not only has it been more than a school for me but also a comfortable place for me. I mean, if anyone told me four months ago that I'd finally shove my selective mutism aside and interact with people, I'd have called them crazy but here I am, a normal sixteen year old.

"See you later" I told my friends and walked towards the class, Ryker by my side. We've grown closer and believe me, not only does he have a great personality but also a fine physique. Pink lips, grey orbs, pale skin and an oval face. He's about 6'2 and his dressing style is maaaaad but I won't tell him cause he's my friend.

"Why are you looking at me that way?" I asked giving him a look.
"Like how?" He said with a subtle smirk.
"Like you want to eat me?"
"I actually do want to eat you" he replied, his once subtle smirk now fully grown into a large smirk.
I cocked my eyebrows at his remark and when I did realise what he meant, I shook my head.
"Pervert" I said dropping my books on my table.
"You can say that again" he replied dropping his book on MY table. He sat on the chair beside me, placed his legs on the table and began eating some ice cream from a small cup. Where did that even come from?
I gave him a playful slap on his forehead.
"Why couldn't you drop your books on your table?"
"Tell me baby, is this really about the book?" The way he said that baby sounded so deep. I bit my lips and looked at the sight before me. He was currently taking a scoop of the ice cream in slow motion. As it entered his mouth, some cream made its way down his lips and he licked it off... still in a painfully slow motion. I could feel my stomach rumble so I went back to my book but not until I gave him another slap on his forehead and dropped his book on HIS table.
Fuck this guy.

°•°•°•°•
I was currently reading " Hidden facts about time travel". My head was resting on my arm and my skull was facing Ryker's direction. It was hard to concentrate when the butterflies in my belly were having their own little party against my will. Who gave them the audacity?! Gosh, this guy is doing things to me, I can't even read in peace. I let out a sigh and slammed the book shut.

As if on cue, the teacher Mr Harris walked in.
"Sorry I'm late. Something really important cane up." He walked towards the board and drew a few symbols on it with his chalk while we copied it in our books.
"These ten symbols are very important when it comes to reading spell books. The first one that looks like Ohms but with a circle round it and another inscribed in it is the easiest to draw and identify as ever spell starts and ends with this. If you see any spell that doesn't have this symbol either before or after it, kindly don't proceed with the spell. Also, many people have created fake spell books and sold it in exchange for treasured items and precious artefacts but we can try our best not to fall into the traps of these people. There are two ways to identi-" The bell went once again and I let out a sigh.

"Study page 99 chapter III and we'd continue next class. Let's call it a day." Mr Harris walked out of the class and I stretched my muscles out. My right fist connected with Ryker's jaw and he let out a groan. I chuckled and began packing up.

"Please, carry this for me. I need to use the toilet."
"I'm tired, it's too heavy." He replied sinking into the chair.
"What if I give you... chocolate?"
"Then I'd carry it" Ryker said.
"Good boy" I said ruffling his hair. I tossed him a sly smile and made my way out of the class.

I opened the door to the girls restroom and was met with these three pale skinned, plastic Barbies applying makeup on the already heavy layer. The fact they were using a mirror as a guide and they still looked this way is terrifying. I ignored their presence, walked into a stall, did my business and washed my hands, still ignoring their presence. I dried my hands with some disposable paper towels and tried opening the door but it was already locked. I let out a groan.