CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

I'd changed so much since Jude left. Sometimes, I still felt really suck-ish and mentally drained about life generally but even though I still thought of suicide and stuff like that, my life was sort of okay. I didnt talk at school and most people if not everyone doubted my speaking abilities. My room looked spotless and I had painted it grey. A side of my room was dedicated to posters and pictures of certain people like Billie Eilish, NF, Jessie Murph, Imagine Dragons and lastly, my mum. On another side were my poems and drawing alongside the timetable my dad drafted for me. And school? It was hell, probably worse. I had to deal with the Chemistry freak all alone. Cedric was also pretty annoying lately. I ran a hand through my hair before making my way out of the house. Thinking about my life, I bumped into a rock hard chest. Way to go Jo, you just ruined another day of your life. Cedric effortlessly straightened me, his grip on my forearm firm and a heat igniting inside of me. I really regretted wearing a tank top now. I pulled away and I could feel the fire extinguish again at the loss of his touch. All that was left in me was my usual cold dark self. I walked away and I heard Cedric mumble something under his breath. I didnt totally get that but it related to me losing my sense of speech. Oh the guy was that dumb. One, there are only five senses and speech is obviously not one and two, how could the jerk believe that rumor. The day went by and I was finally free. I walked over to the library. What? Call me a nerd, I dont mind. I pulled out my book and pen focusing on my assignments. Great, I'd forgotten all about the history assignment. To write the history of an ancient god either Greek or any other random one of our choice. Well, everyone got paired and though I normally wouldn't mind, I think I really needed help now. I bit my lower lip.

"We'll help" Norwin said. I let out a sigh, my psychosis had hit a new level in the last few years. I could hear and commune with spirits. Sometimes, they really helped especially in class. It was kinda cheesy and hard to deal with but I'm getting used to it. Really. I mean, since I was the only one who could really see and talk to them, whenever asked a question in Chemistry class, they always helped check his book and give me the answers. Other times, they tutored me and believe me or not, spirits know everything and are great listeners too. I have about 7 spirit friends, I dont mean to be sexist or anything but they were four males three females- Norwin, Blake, Cole, Cider, Anther, Nadir and lastly Kerim. Quick personality check –smart, flirt (tells me how hot my school girls are all day), cheeky, thoughtful, gives great love advice, listener and Kerim, well knows how to get revenge like sneaking in their house and tearing their clothes or ruining their homework. Although, sometimes I felt like they were just voices in my head. They kinda were because I could hear them in my head and reply them mentally but you get the point. I let out a sigh and Norwin crept to the surface.

"What god are you thinking of, Jo?" Norwin inquired. I shook my head

"Hades?" I felt Cider's presence. "Everyone will go for the popular ones, try something different that isnt that common." Then it hit me.
"Of course, I'll do Oizys" "Great" "Sure" the duo said acknowledging my plan and I spent three good hours of my life learning more about her, and with the guys help of course. I pulled out my note and started writing all the facts down. At least, it was just homework not a big oral presentation. I packed my things and made my way home. It was just 7:30pm but thanks to the damn earths rotation or whatever the bald headed guy had talked about in that documentary, it was already extremely dark.
As I walked by, I saw two people sitting on a bench-a male and a female. They were dressed in black clothing and, me just being me, I took a mental picture of them. Their eyes reflected emptiness and their aura was dark and thick. Pretty weird, isnt it? I shook my head, what's wrong with me. First, I make up seven friends in my head, now Im seeing extremely strange creatures disguised as human beings. ? This is far beyond being psychotic

"She can see us?" the lady begun

"Yeah, how." The man replied quite tense and uncomfortable. I slapped my head really hard.
Shit!!  I'm really going crazy. I opened the door to my house and without even undressing, I slapped my being unto the bed.