Chapter 6: The Graduation Downer

(Listen to the music, please! It's pretty good! :D)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Dear Diary, ~

~I couldn't sleep last night. Not even a wink, I kept waking up because I had the same nightmare of what happened yesterday, everyone kept laughing at me and there were these scary demons that tried to eat my soul! ~

~What I wouldn't give for yesterday to be just a bad dream, I'd do anything! Even if it meant selling one of my body parts! Crap! I just remember something, today's the day of graduation! ~

~There's no way that I can go there, not after totally embarrassing myself! If I go, then everyone will see, if everyone sees me, they'll remember that I cried like a baby and humiliated myself, if they remember that I cried like a baby and humiliated myself, my life is over! ~ 

~What should I do? I can't not go to the graduation party, then I won't get my diploma! But if I do go, again, my life will be over! Not to mention that I'll be now seeing my ex-boyfriend all over my ex-best friend! ~

~If someone has beef with me from a past life, and this is their way of getting even! I hope they know that they should probably get over whatever past me did! Well, unless I did something really bad, like murder their entire family line. Yikes...~

~Ugh, I need to come up with something soon..~

-Rosetta H. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I closed my diary and pushed it to the other side of the table and slammed on my head against the table. At least I managed to get out all of my feelings, which is always a good thing. But now? I'm still stuck with the fact that I have to face graduation and I need a quick way out of it. 

But the question still remains; What should I do?  I played with the tips of my hair and closed my eyes to think, that's usually how my thinking works anyway. And after some careful consideration, it came to me! I'll just pretend to be sick! 

It was perfect! It was achievable, didn't require me to go through extreme lengths and I already had most of the stuff in my room. But enough talk, it was time to get to work and fake this sickness! I pulled out my drawer and saw a bunch of makeup items perfectly aligned, just the way I like it. 

Usually when people are sick, they look a bit paler than usual. And even though my skin tone was pretty dark, I could still try and make my skin look 10% paler by using a lighter foundation. It kind of worked! I was looking sicker by the second. 

But just in case, I decided to sneak downstairs to add some finishing touches, but I needed to be careful. If I made one wrong move, I could totally wake up the whole house and my whole fake-sick plan would go to bust immediately!  So, discretion was key in this whole plan. 

I sipped on my slippers, grabbed my robe and quietly tip-toed on the left side of the staircase. Thankfully, they didn't creak one bit, but I did get worried occasionally and glance up every time, even if nobody was there yet. 

It was around 7:20 am in the morning, so everyone could still be sleeping in. After what felt like forever, I finally got downstairs and rushed over to the pantry and looked for something else that could really sell the sick look.  I grabbed a bag of flour and smiled to myself. Perfect, I closed the door behind me and sighed a breath of relief, I might actually pull this off!