Chapter 4: The Date That Never Showed

~Dear Diary, ~

~Thanks to Andrew, Dakota was upset about her parking spot, I was in total distress for 30 minutes while Layla was the one calming me down!~
~And for some reason, he left me on read! Like, why would he do that? Was it something I was doing? ~

~Ugh, this is so frustrating! He's the one who wanted to meet at the movie theater, but he doesn't show up? What's going on? Does he have something else to do? Did he lose track of time? I don't get it. ~

~Rosetta H. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to dates and looking your best, you really need to pull out all the stops and make yourself look wonderful! Your best isn't your best, and something greater than your best is so bad that you will be dumped!  Well, that's what the romance tv shows have been telling me lately. 

I watched a bunch of makeup videos on getting the perfect winged eyeliner and smokey eyeshadow, and I did manage to find a perfectly cute outfit to wear! Some black flared leggings, white sneakers and this cute, black, lacey top! I stepped out of my room, feeling spectacular! There was no way that Andrew and I weren't going to have a great time together! 

Admittingly, we didn't pick out a movie or anything to watch, but I'm pretty sure there was going to be some decent moves to check out! 

"Yo, Rose! Get down here, let's move!" Dakota shouted from downstairs, that snapped me right back into reality and rush down the stairs. "Here, I'm ready to go!" 

"Great." Layla replied as she scrolled on her phone, "So, you're going to go with Andrew to be at the movie theater, right?" 

"Yep."
"Okay, that's cool. So, we'll just stay with you until Andrew shows and we'll pick you later! Sound good?" Layla asked me, I nodded my head and she smiled and brushed her hair up into a ponytail. 

Layla then walked over to the front door and held it open, "Then let's go then!"  I took a big, deep breath and smiled as I strutted out the door, even though Andrew was my boyfriend, I Still needed him to think I'm cool! 

I hopped in the backseat while Layla and Dakota got in the front, with Layla in the driver's seat as Layla was on her phone, texting someone.

Dakota glanced over and asked, "Who you texting?"

"Just mama! She's telling us that we should stay safe! And also, don't leave your baby sister alone." Layla chuckled as she put her phone back in her pocket as she looked back at me, I rolled my eyes, "She does know I'm fourteen, right?" 

"Please, we could be older than time itself, and mama will still look at us like we just came out of her." Dakota laughed as she pulled the car in reverse and began driving down the road. As we drove, I kept texting Andrew, but my messages kept turning green. 

It was a bit tense, but I held on to my phone as I looked out the car window and counted all the trees that passed us by. 

~

When we pulled up to the driveway, it was packed with cars, as Dakota drove by, the chances of getting a good parking space that didn't require that much parking was going to be a big challenge. 

"Well, great." Dakota groaned heavily, "Alright, alright... okay! I got it, Layla? You take Rosetta out of the car and wait for me near the movie theater while I try and find a place to park, Sound good?"

Layla shrugged, "I guess. But uh, there's a good chance you won't find anytime soon."  Then Dakota glared at her and smirked, "Bet!"