11

"Yuna can you get me a wet cloth?" Zuko asked as Yuna finished cleaning up the broken glass, he set the children on the counter of the bar. Ren held his brothers uninjured hand as support.

"Looks like there's no glass in your hand, and it's not deep so I don't think we need to cut the whole hand off," he smiled as aito sniffled again nodding.

"No tears? Your so brave Ai," Yuna rubbed his back gently while she set the medical kit next to them and handed Zuko a wet rag.

"I dropped it on accident, I tried to pick it up by myself," aito whimpered and Zuko wiped the tear off his cheek.

"You're not in trouble, let's fix you up kiddo," he hushed him from crying and aito nodded, cleaning the wound and wrapping it up, the cut would heal.

"See good as new," he ruffled his son's hair and ren hugged him smiling.

"Does it hurt?" Ren asked as aito hugged him back.

"Yea, but I can still help weeds," aito said worried.

"How about we take a break from outside, I think it's getting close to nap time, we have a long night ahead of us," zuko helped each kid off the counter and opened the door to go upstairs. The two went upstairs but before Zuko followed, Yuna pulled him back.

"You doing okay yourself?" She earth bender asked quietly.

"I know with your ex being here and now that you and the kids are leaving, you're on edge," Yuna crossed her arms.

"We're going to stay with my uncle and other friends, we'll be okay," zuko rubbed his neck.

"Are you?" She raised a brow.

"I'll be okay," he reassured.

"Papaaaaaa!" A child yelled from the top of the stairs.

"This is why we have nap time," Zuko sighed and went to his home as Yuna smiled with sympathy.

-

"Ren Ren Ren Ren!" Aito screamed tackling his brother as Zuko was folding their clothes to actually fit in the bags instead of them being thrown in.

"Ren, pops, there's a monster outside our house," aito gasped as Ren grunted throwing him back off.

"A monster?" Ren asked.

"Big and hairy! It has these two horns on its head and a lot of legs," he explained as Zuko clipped the two small bags of his boys clothes and grabbed their jackets.

"Badgermole?" Ren covered his face in fear.

"That's just appa, he's a giant bison," Zuko stood up.

"You know it?!" Aito squealed.

"I wanna see!" Ren ran to a window.

"He flys and doesn't bite that much, I told you about him," Zuko raised a brow as the boys gasped in awe seeing Sokka and Katara getting on appa while Suki and Toph helped them load.

"You definitely can fit in his nose," aito nodded wide eyes.

"Alright, got blankets, stuffies, jackets and shoes, all good?" Zuko asked as he pulled on his shoes and went to help Ren put on a jacket so they wouldn't be cold on the ride to the camp.

"I'm all good papa," aito nodded as he held his bear to his chest and handed Ren his rabbit kangaroo.

Zuko looked at the four year olds anxiously, they've never gone away long from the pub, their home, they were safe here. He knew they had too and he wouldn't be able to leave them.