Love Burns - Chapter One

Love burns

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

A joint project of crimsonnebula and xangelsmomx

Chapter One

Picture on the side is Maximus (Model Mathias Lauridsen) remember him in my other story My Benefactor? Hehe! I just love him :)

September 12, 2011

Cleveland, OH

Maximus’ Point of View

I loved the feel of warm jets of water cascading my back. It gave me a sense of calmness and tranquility which was in contrast with my complicated life. Showers were a form of clean hygiene but I called it a luxury. It was a reminder that I should not take things for granted seeming it was just as precious like the basic needs of man. Some may think it was strange but it was more of a figure of speech.

Lifting my head up, I realized the bathroom was now misty so I turned off the shower and grabbed a towel from the holder. I wrapped it around my waist and head for the sink where above it was the mirror cabinet.

The mirror was fogged up so I wiped it with my hands and stared at my frozen twenty one year old reflection.

Sighing, It had been 148 years since that day. The day that my brother and I was curse with immortality. I used to think that staying young for so long was exciting seeing I got to sleep with a lot of women. I was not affected then by the curse until Nathaniel, my younger brother, left me just because I ruined his chances for love and growing old. Yes, that was 21 years ago in Paris, France and I hadn't seen him since.

Switching my vision to my left chest, I trailed the bloody rose with my pointer finger, following its indentation all the way to the vines surrounding it.

My girlfriend, Fern, was curious about my mark. She said that it looked unique and one of a kind. If she only knew what my mark had done to my life, she would have pegged me for a lunatic. I would too to say the least.

Speaking of Fern, I felt her sliding her dainty arms around my waist from behind and kissed my neck lovingly.

"Happy anniversary my sexy hunk of a boyfriend," Fern murmured as she trailed butterfly kisses on my neck. I groaned softly then turned my body to face her fully. As always, she was so damn gorgeous for her own good. The way her silky blond tresses glide across my chest whenever we make love, her oceanic blue eyes pierced into my dark blue ones with great intensity if we had heated discussion and that soft pink plump lips that I want to nibble...god, she was definitely a sight for sore eyes.

I cupped her face with both hands and glided my thumb across her bottom lip. "How long has it been?" I asked.

She grinned, her eyes sparkled with happiness."Two years," she declared proudly.

"Wow,” I breathed, clearly amazed of the longevity of our relationship. “That long?"

I should be surprised, as I should be. I was amazed that I stayed long in a relationship. After Nathaniel left, I tried going serious with a girl. Some I'd grown to like and had an actual relationship but never really had stuck around because they were all so...how shall I say this, boring?

However, that changed when I met Fern two years ago back in college. If you were an immortal, you had to do something to preoccupy your time or else you would go crazy with boredom. College was a reasonable distraction so imagine me doing that in different countries for so many years.