Love Burns - Prologue

Love burns

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

A joint project of crimsonnebula and xangelsmomx

Prologue

1863

England

Maximus’ Point of View

I slammed the front door open, laughing like a fool with my wench of the day. She clung onto my arm tightly, giggling hysterically in anticipation of what we were about to do. Her cheap looking Victorian dress made her large bosom bigger and that was more than enough to raise my libido seeing it was the only thing I was looking when I met her at the local tavern. As we staggered our way inside my mansion, we headed for the stairs but unfortunately, we were stopped by a voice who was undeniably unhappy with the current situation.

“Maximus.”

Twirling my body to that voice, I was not surprised to see my perpetually angelic brother, Nathaniel. He was standing near the large oak double doors that lead to the mansion’s library with his arms crossed over his chest. He did not bother to hide that scowl to show his disapproval of my lifestyle.

"Another one brother?” Nathaniel asked, disdain clearly shown in his voice.”When will you cease with this kind of distasteful act?"

Sighing, I walked haphazardly towards him with my wench still clinging onto arm and stopped a few paces away. "Oh, Nathaniel. It is not that bad." I replied with a slur in my voice. The woman giggled and kissed my neck which had me groan softly in pleasure.

Nathaniel glared. " I am not pleased with this anymore brother. What if Florence finds out?"

He had to mention my lover’s name, didn’t he? It was always like that whenever I was bringing a wench home. He goes off like a priest, preaching on how disrespectful I was and all other self-righteous thing he could think of.

I felt the woman trailed kisses on my neck all the way to my ear then grazed my earlobe with her teeth. "Who is Florence?” the woman asked huskily into my ear. “Is she your mother?"

I shot her a fake horrified look. "That is preposterous. She is my--"but I wasn't able to finish as Nathaniel butted in.

"No,” he interjected curtly and I threw him a glare, warning him to back down. “Florence is his lover. Did he not tell you that he is already been spoken for?" he asked while raising an eyebrow.

I groaned. Here he goes again. "Nathaniel, you sound just like our father."

The woman giggled and pressed her plump bosom on my chest while stroking my arm with her hands. "I think your lover was not woman enough to please you that is why you came to me."

Nathaniel unfolded his arms and strode over to us with his face full of fury. Of course he had to be mad. Florence was his best friend and he had to defend her honor. "How dare you speak ill about my friend, whore,” he growled at the woman with pure anger. “Look in the mirror and see if you are worthy enough to be called a woman." he spat while looking up and down at her in distaste.

She looked frightened at the flurry my brother displayed. To be honest, this was my first encounter that he let out such strong emotion since he was a meek soul. It was uncomfortable to look at him all flustered and I did not know he was capable of such rage.

I put a hand on Nathaniel's chest. "Brother, that is enough," I looked down at the woman, smiling at her sweetly, "let us go to my chamber. Does that sound appealing to you?" I asked in a seductive tone while I caressed the small of her back.