Part I

The group spread out in the forest to look for Will, and they've been looking for an hour. Mr. Clark, the science teacher at Hawkins Middle School, however, suddenly noticed what seemed to be a gleam of something. Whether it was a reflection of sorts or just the sun, he didn't know.
As he walked closer, he could see something that could pass for a body- could it be Will? Approaching the body, Mr. Clark had a double take.

Slumped against a tree, this individual looked like he had died. He was wearing a black jacket, a purple turtleneck sweater, and jeans-  and the jacket had a pinned tag that was labeled Eggs Benedict but that was crossed out and Mike A. was written above it.
On that label, there was an image of a robotic clown, with Circus Baby's Pizza World written underneath it. Mike himself was deathly pale- a few spots showing the start of decay, and his hair was long and matted with blood. His eyes, which were half closed, were glowing pink- and his face had large burn marks. Grimacing, Mr. Clark unpinned the name tag from the jacket. There was an ID card tucked neatly behind the paper. Michael F.  Afton,  December 15th were the only things visible. Everything else seemed to be smudged with dried blood.

"Clark!" someone called out, turning Mr. Clark's attention away from Michael.
"Yeah?" Mr. Clark responded, taking a few steps towards Officer Powell.
"You found anything? Hopper said he found a piece of cloth that looks like it came from a lab," Powell said. "Whatcha got there?" he asked, gesturing at the ID card Mr. Clark was holding.
"An ID card," Clark said, handing it over to Powell. "I found it on him," he clarified, pointing at Michael.
"You think he's related to the whole thing happening with Byers?" Powell asked, squatting down near Michael to get a better look of his face.
"He might," Clark mumbled. Powell looked at the ID card. Michael Afton.

He vaguely remembered a man who had been convicted for killing five, and likely more, children, but there was nothing to prove his guilt.
William Afton.
Lifting Michael's head by the chin, he realized that he looked like a carbon copy of the man. Upon closer inspection, Powell saw that patches of Michael's face were starting to decay, and there were thin lines of purple, almost like one large scar, spread out like a spiderweb.

"That is disgusting," he observed, standing back up. "You remember that guy who was suspected for multiple counts of child murder? From a nearby town?"
"I think so, why?"
"They share the same last name, Afton. He might be involved in the case with Will," Powell said, pocketing Michael's ID card.
"Give that back," a voice said behind them, scratchy and cold. Powell turned around. Michael was standing behind him, his arms crossed.
"What?"
"Are you daft? I said give that back," Michael scoffed, uncrossing his arms and sticking out his hand in a demanding manner.
"I'm afraid I can't," Powell said. Michael glared at him. "Do you have any connection to William Afton?" he pressed.
"If I did, I wouldn't have said so," Michael countered. "Do you really think someone would willingly admit to being related to a child murderer?". He said this in a very cold and somehow amused voice. Clark shook his head.
"Of course not, but given the circumstances-"
"Oh, right," Michael scoffed. "Listen, I'm not sure what's going on here, but I have nothing to do with your problems."

Powell opened his mouth to retort, but he was interrupted by a static coming from his walkie-talkie.

They think they've found Will. Kid looks pretty beat up and is almost unconscious, but he's alive. Go tell Joyce, I'm taking him to the hospital.

Michael raised an eyebrow.
"Am I free to go now?"
"It seems so. You can have this back," Powell said, giving Michael his ID card back. Michael took it, pinned it back to his jacket, and started to leave, before he was interrupted by Officer Powell.
"Wait a second!"
"What?" Michael asked, irritated.
"If you do see Will Byers, let us know, alright?"
Michael was confused- he never knew or met a Will Byers. However, he was desperate to get out of this situation.
So he shrugged.
"Okay."