Episode 4: Sultan

Mustafa's POV
A few days ago, I was just a Sehzade who was locked in a room for years. Among the close doors, I feared losing my life everyday. Never I imagined, I will actually end up becoming the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. Forget about going to Sanjak, I did not get any trainings or tutors like other Sehzades. I have not even hold the fighting sword once in my life. How am I even going to rule and fight for the whole empire?! I, Sultan Mustafa have ascended the throne from my late brother Sultan Ahmet, but I am afraid. Am I even fit to be a Sultan?

Mustafa's thoughts got interrupted as Davut Pasha speaks to him.

Davut: Sultan, its time now. Do not be afraid. I am with you.

As the door opened, the sunshine hit his eyes and Mustafa saw a lot of people waiting to see him and give their congratulations.

Davut Pasha: His excellency, Sultan Mustafa!

The red furrish Sultan costume, with a huge crown hat he was wearing was already bothering him a lot, and now he would have to sit infront of a lot of people. He is not too comfortable with so many people around him. He lived alone for a decade.

Mustafa recalls his childhood when he was forcefully sat on the throne by his grandmother, Safiye Sultan saying his brother Ahmet was dead. But later Ahmet came back. He was so happy to his brother alive that day, but the next moment the anger he had seen in his eyes, he would never forget that. Infront of him, he executed many traitors. That day, him fearing a Sultan overpowered the love he had for his brother.

Pinan Aga: It maybe a trap. Just like last time, what if your brother comes back alive!

Davut: Sultan, here is your throne.

Mustafa: I don't want to sit on it! My brother will be back.

The door was closed again as Davut gestures the guards.

Nurat, Halime, Dilruba and Kosem are at the tower watching the scene. But they are not able to spot Mustafa since he still didnt went out.

Halime: Why did they close the doors?!

Nurat: Should I check if everything is okay?

Halime: (scolding) You stay here! Don't you know its against the rules?!

Nurat: I am sorry, I just wanted to make sure Sehza...the Sultan is fine.

Mustafa is afraid and Davut is trying to help him
Davut: Your brother is no more, Sultan. Don't you remember, you saw him lying dead in his room?!

Mustafa: What if it's a trap? Davut Pasha, you don't know. This happened before.

Davut: It's not the same. And if this was a trap, you think Kosem Sultan would have supported you?!

Mustafa is still not convinced.

Davut: Sultan, at least sit on the throne. You don't have to do anything. If anything goes wrong, I will take responsibility, I promise. I will protect you no matter what!

Mustafa finds some comfort in Davut's words and the door is opened again.

Davut: His excellency, Sultan Mustafa.

Mustafa walks outside and the crowd finally saw the glimpse of the new young Sultan. People were excited as it was history created that first time a Sultan's brother ascended the throne instead of a Sultan's son.

Mustafa sat on the throne. All the viziers come to him and kiss his robe and he blesses them. He looked at the right where the coffin of his deceased brother was placed.

Pinan Aga: I think the coffin is empty. You should check!

Mustafa tried his best to avoid the words of Pinan Aga. He recalled Nurat's words to take a deep breathe whenever he was nervous. He did so, and he continued to try keep calm till the end of the ceremony.