12) Friends?...

¸.••.¸

Y/n's p.o.v:
Walker and Leena left, leaving Aryan, Leah, and me alone. It was pretty chill, but soon Leah was picked up, and then it was just Aryan and me. We were sitting on the park bench, waiting for our Uber."I'm so excited to drive soon. Like, I would drive myself to McDonald's every day," Aryan says.

I laugh. "I want to go to Australia, you know? You can drive when you're 16 there too, but you can also drink when you're 18 instead of 21," I add."Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Me too! I mean, it's not that I want to drink or anything. I just want to see how it tastes, like how people get addicted, you know? I mean, it smells horrendous, so I'm just wondering," he responds." For real!" I reply, giggling. We talked about everything while waiting, except for what happened with Walker and Leena. I saw Leah leave with a sad face, which made me feel defeated. Aryan and I talked about the paranormal, unsolved crimes and mysteries, mythology and mythical creatures, and of course Percy Jackson (Whatever you're interested in.) I really enjoyed discussing things I was interested in, but obviously, we talked about other things too on the drive home.

Soon, I arrived home, and the first thing I did was text Walker. I asked him if he was okay, and then I suggested we play Fortnite together. I know he's into Fortnite, and is a little Fortnite kid so I figured it would lift his mood a bit. After we texted about it, I opened up my PC and called Walker. To be honest, I was nervous, but I wanted things to flow naturally, just as they would in a real-life conversation because we've only ever called once. He answered quite quickly, and he taught me how to get into the game. I was clueless, and I hated how bad I was. You'd think Roblox skills would help a little, you know?
"I found a cute llama!" I exclaim, my character circling the digital object on the screen."Collect it!" he says.

I got some weapons, but I was sniped multiple times, I sucked at building and using the guns or whatever.

(I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF FORTNITE WHATSOEVER SO IF THIS TRIGGERS YOU, SORRY, AND PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS CORRECT.)

I wasn't having the best of luck with the game. So much for beginner's luck. But what I enjoyed most was talking to Walker and how happy he was for me whenever I did something right. An hour or so later, we both had to leave the game for dinner, and we said our goodbyes. I was left with a huge smile on my face, giggling with butterflies in my stomach. I didn't even care that I was so bad at Fortnite. I was so happy I was able to talk to Walker without stressing myself out. It felt so natural.

After I finished my dinner, I quickly ran back upstairs to check some notifications or go on Pinterest again. I ended up calling Avery because I told her I would explain the whole sleepover thing, but now it feels like the right time. I went on Snapchat and called her. "Averyyy!!" I exclaim."Y/n! FINALLY, YOU CALLED! WHAT HAPPENED? TELL ME NOW!" she said immediately."I was going to just tell you!" I giggle."What happened after the sleepover? I saw your story!" She asked."Okay, so basically it started with the sleepover, right," I continue.

An hour or so had passed after I explained everything to Avery. Which included talking about many other things too.

I was just about to go to sleep because it was getting late after I had called Avery, but my dog kept whining. She probably has to use the bathroom. I rolled my eyes, but I love my dog, so I put on her harness and leash and decided to walk around the neighborhood and to the nearby plaza, chewing a piece of gum, feeling the chilly crisp night air. I usually walk her half way around the neighborhood but since I was at Leah's sleepover I didn't get to and my mom just lets her out in the backyard so I figured a whole round would be fun for her. Although I swear I might've gotten hypothermia the second I walked outside. With my phone in my pocket, I start to walk around, appreciating nature. I saw one of my old neighbors. She was a sweet old lady, so I waved at her, and she waved back. We had a quick conversation. She asked about high school and whatever, and she pet my dog, who really liked her. I'm guessing it's that very old granny perfume she wears, but she was sweet. It made me a little sad knowing she won't be going around the neighborhood, walking around, smiling, or waving, even in the darkest of night. I know she was old, but I don't think she knows how much I liked talking to her. It was like a check-in.